ActiveX and Capture Card

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
wgshiver
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

ActiveX and Capture Card

Postby wgshiver » 28 Apr 2010 18:09

Ok here is the problem that I am having. I have a usb capture card that I am using to capture a stream. In VLC Media Player it plays fine. I go through and set my options which are:

Code: Select all

:dshow-vdev=WDM 2860 Capture :dshow-adev=:dshow-caching=200 :dshow-vdev=WDM 2860 Capture :dshow-adev= :dshow-size= :dshow-chroma= :dshow-fps=0 :no-dshow-config :no-dshow-tuner :dshow-tuner-channel=0 :dshow-tuner-country=0 :dshow-tuner-input=0 :dshow-video-input=-1 :dshow-video-output=-1 :dshow-audio-input=-1 :dshow-audio-output=-1 :dshow-amtuner-mode=1 :dshow-audio-channels=0 :dshow-audio-samplerate=0 :dshow-audio-bitspersample=0
The video plays fine when I set those option through the Media Player.

Now the problem is in ActiveX plugin with IE8. I have taken all those options and put it in a webpage using javascript.

Code: Select all

<object id="vlc" classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921" codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/win32/axvlc.cab" width="720" height="480" events="True"> </object> <script type='text/javascript'> window.onload = function(){ var vlc = document.getElementById('vlc'); var options=new Array(20); options[0] = ":dshow-vdev=WDM 2860 Capture"; options[1] = ":dshow-adev="; options[2] = ":dshow-caching=200"; options[3] = ":dshow-vdev=WDM 2860 Capture"; options[4] = ":dshow-adev="; options[5] = ":dshow-chroma="; options[6] = ":dshow-fps=25.000000"; options[7] = ":dshow-config"; options[8] = ":no-dshow-tuner"; options[9] = ":dshow-tuner-channel=0"; options[10] = ":dshow-tuner-country=0"; options[11] = ":dshow-tuner-input=0"; options[12] = ":dshow-video-input=4"; options[13] = ":dshow-video-output=1"; options[14] = ":dshow-audio-input=-1"; options[15] = ":dshow-audio-output=-1"; options[16] = ":dshow-amtuner-mode=1"; options[17] = ":dshow-audio-channels=0"; options[18] = ":dshow-audio-samplerate=0"; options[19] = ":dshow-audio-bitspersample=0"; vlc.audio.volume=200; vlc.playlist.add("dshow://", "", options); vlc.playlist.play(); }; </script>
The code soes succesfully get the video window to pop up but it is not playing the correct device. It is like it is ignoring the options or just not reading them correctly. If I have a webcam on the computer then it automatically picks up the webcam no mater what I put in there. If there is no webcam installed on the computer then it just has a blank activex control. Like it cant find the video.

Have I dont something wrong or is this even possible. I cant believe that it would pick up the webcam and not a caputre device because they are both using dshow://

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

CesarBQ
New Cone
New Cone

Re: ActiveX and Capture Card

Postby CesarBQ » 02 Jul 2010 04:52

<object id="vlc" classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921" codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/video ... /axvlc.cab" width="720" height="480" events="True">
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="True" />
<param name="AutoPlay" value="true" />
<param name="MRL" value="dshow://:dshow-vdev=WDM 2860 Capture :dshow-adev=SoundMAX HD Audio I " />
</object>

Try it first it if the video will show up...
can use intead of MRL
<param name="Src" value="dshow://:dshow-vdev=WDM 2860 Capture :dshow-adev=SoundMAX HD Audio I " />

Return to “Web and scripting”