problem with vlcobject (web plugin)

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
anseg
New Cone
New Cone

problem with vlcobject (web plugin)

Postby anseg » 10 Feb 2010 10:27

good morning,

i'm developing an application based on vlcobject and framework jquery... i try to explain my situation and what is the problem i've encountered...

i have my video, based on vlcobject player, in a <div>; in the header of this div i've a button. when i click this button, it has to show another div (similar to a context menu...)

The problem is the following: when new div appears, engaged from the onClick event, it doesn't overlap the player! I would new div over the player.....

I used this snippet:

Code: Select all

function test(){ $("#div1").append("<div id=\"menu\"></div>"); $("#menu").css({ 'background' :'black', 'filter' :'alpha(opacity=70)', '-moz-opacity' :'0.70', '-khtml-opacity':'0.70', 'opacity' :'0.70', 'position' :'absolute', }) .animate({ 'height': '200px', 'width': '500px' }); } </script> <div id="div1"> <a href="#" onclick="test()">click me</a> </div> <div id="vlccontent"> This text is replaced by the VLC player. </div> <script type="text/javascript"> var myvlc = new VLCObject("mymovie", "400", "200", "0.8.6"); myvlc.write("vlccontent"); </script>
when I click on "click me" link, new div appears under the player and it doesn't overlap it (like I would....)
I used z-index, but I know the problem doesn't resolve...

i tried to use wmode='transparent' like for flash video but i think this parameter is not used in vlcObject...

Does anyone know a trick or a procedure to resolve this problem??

ramilito
New Cone
New Cone

Re: problem with vlcobject (web plugin)

Postby ramilito » 11 May 2010 13:01

bumbing cause i have the same problem!

sharo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: problem with vlcobject (web plugin)

Postby sharo » 14 Jul 2010 00:18

Hey guys,

Did anyone figure this out ???

I'm having the same issue and it's really mission critical for our project.

Thanks.

Return to “Web and scripting”