Script To Send Alert if Live Stream Stop

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
mmihir82
New Cone
New Cone

Script To Send Alert if Live Stream Stop

Postby mmihir82 » 12 Aug 2009 05:50

Hello All,
I m new around here, I need help to create a script :roll: which I can running in Ubuntu, to send send alert or email that Broadcasting video has stopped. Need to switch to Backup server.

Can anyone help me?
Maybe I was thinking if I m broadcasting and sending traffic to particular port, if that stop then send alert? I m not sure how should check.

Thank you for taking time reading...

-thank you all...

brain!ac
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Script To Send Alert if Live Stream Stop

Postby brain!ac » 16 Aug 2009 03:13

I think i have a solution about you ,but how can it be flexible i dont know .

If you try to stream use Http 0.0.0.0:8080 for ex. but remember the IP address should be null always (for that because if ip add. is null VLC will stream to any host who will request the stream) and than use any aplication that provides polling ,by polling to Servers IP Address to that port and if the Server could not reply that tell software to alert .
Or if you use UDP ,that you can tell vlc each time you stream to a specific add. like 192.168.0.5:1234 (you`re broadcaster or whatever) that stream also the same stream to 192.168.0.10:1234 you`re Polling Software with Alerts.

I think VLC does not provide SNMP Traps because if it has that it could be so easy to Monitor it ,i dont know why VLC was not implemented with it`s MIB because peoples seriously uses VLC and that would be great on many ways .

best on advance

Return to “Web and scripting”