run and control vlc on multiple computers

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
volkerk
New Cone
New Cone

run and control vlc on multiple computers

Postby volkerk » 04 Aug 2008 07:57

hi there
for a video installation i want to synchronize video play back on six computers (win xp).

each computer has a avi file locally on drive c:. i think this is necessary due to the large resolution and bandwidth requirements (XVID, 2800x1050 at 30fps). each avi video is different, but has the exact same length.

now i want to launch vlc on the six computers, load the avi file and control its playback from a server. ideally all videos would play synchronized, maybe not frame accurate but close. i thought once the file is loaded and all clients receive a "play" command at the same time they should play fairly synchronized. the avi clips should also play in a loop.

i guess i could launch the vlc clients through a PSEXEC script from the server on all six machines.

i played around with the rc interface, but i always can control only one client instance, the same seems to be the case with the http front end.
can anybody help?

thx volker

Return to “Web and scripting”