VLC error when closing the MFC dialog application

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
sriguru
New Cone
New Cone

VLC error when closing the MFC dialog application

Postby sriguru » 21 Jul 2008 11:35

Hi all,
I am using VLCPlugin2 in my MFC dialog application. I am able to embed the VLC player and also able to play video files. But when i close the application, it throws some error. I saw few postings on this topic. But I couldnt find any solution for this. Anyone solved this problem? Kindly help pls...

In VLCPlugin2, add(LPCTSTR uri, const VARIANT& name, const VARIANT& options) function, what is right parameter for name and options? Currently i am just declaring one dummy variable and using for both name and options. example, VARIANT u; u.vt = VT_EMPTY;

In VLCPlugin1 function "addTarget(LPCTSTR uri, const VARIANT& options, long mode, long Position);" we have option to add and play the recently added file. for example, if we set "addTarget(file,u,12, -666);", it will add the file and play the same. How to do the same kind of operation using VLCPlugin2?

Thanks in advance ...

corvusvideo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC error when closing the MFC dialog application

Postby corvusvideo » 21 Jul 2008 13:38

To prevent problems with activex control I found you need to catch the ON_CLOSE of the window that holds the control and make sure to stop the player and then sleep the thread until the player's state goes to none. You can then continue closing.

sriguru
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC error when closing the MFC dialog application

Postby sriguru » 22 Jul 2008 08:52

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the reply. I tried the same way. But couldnt solve the problem. I may be doing something wrong. PLs kindly post some sample code to solve this problem. need ur help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Web and scripting”