Insert at playlist position using URL API

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
twebb72
New Cone
New Cone

Insert at playlist position using URL API

Postby twebb72 » 11 Jul 2008 06:24

If I'm using the post commands like "..\status.xml?command=pl_stop" with the VLC HTTP remote interface
How can I insert or move playlist arrangements? Say I have a playlist consisting of two mp3's, and I want to insert another mp3 at position 2 (between #1, and the newly moved #3).
There seems to be no command in the URL api to do so..
I do not want to clear and re-create the playlist, I can only imagine that this will take all too long to process. Especially if the playlist consists of 1000s of songs (keeping in mind they would have to be separate requests due to the URL length restrictions).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

*** UPDATE ***
Against my previous judgement, I attempted to create a playlist of 1000 songs using page requests. The VLC web interface becomes unresponsive after about 10 additions, then barfs (timeout). I even paused between requests 200ms. Thats obviously REALLY slow to add 1000 songs (3m 20s for the transaction, assuming there was no delay with any request).
Out of the question, there must be a way to insert_file_into_position(int)...? Any push in the right direction is appreciated.
If this doesn't work, I'm going to have to change my project from using VLC altogether. Back to J River Media Center.

Return to “Web and scripting”