Ping: VB6 Programmers - Want a Working Demo?

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions

Want the VB6 Demo?

Poll ended at 20 Apr 2007 03:15

Yes. I sure could use it!
40%
Yes TWICE! I'm having trouble making it work.
20%
Not for me, but would be good for the VLC community.
40%

Total votes: 5

DOStradamus

Ping: VB6 Programmers - Want a Working Demo?

Postby DOStradamus » 06 Apr 2007 03:15

I've quite successfully "done it", and would be happy to put a *documented* working app up where you can download it, as long as I know my efforts aren't being wasted; the code's easy, explaining it's the "work" :)

I'll give y'all a simple movie player, with playlist support and the obligatory seek-bar. I'll even toss in *my own* slider control, that displays a useful "h:mm:ss" while you drag it, gratis!

"vote" if you want it... If you have anything in particular you'd like it to incluse, within reason, please let me know.

-NK

JordanN
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JordanN » 12 May 2007 08:58

I've built a simple front-end in Visual Basic 2005 for presentation use. I've been thinking about creating a SourceForge.net project to manage its future development, and make code sharing easier.

Right now, it only plays videos, and it's not really pretty or robust.

Cooldream
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Cooldream » 12 May 2007 12:04

Could you tell me where to dowload demos ?
I'm interest...
Thanks...

JordanN
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JordanN » 09 Jun 2007 08:28

The program I wrote will soon be available from SourceForge.net. I don't promise it to be fabulous, but it should, at least, work.

Unfortunately, the code is located on a workstation located at the office, so I will have to remember to upload it next time I am there.

The project is located at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vlc-show

dx
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dx » 15 Jun 2007 22:41

I can't see any downloadable files :(

"No File Packages Defined"

JordanN
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JordanN » 16 Jun 2007 00:04

That is because I haven't uploaded anything yet. All of the files are located on a computer across town.

I need to get to that computer to access, edit (to remove any junk, and add the mandatory GPL stuff), and upload the files.

I've never done open-source development before, so this is all new to me.

JordanN
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JordanN » 17 Jun 2007 07:50

I've done the initial upload to the SVN repository.

The program is currently in a bit of a rough state, and ought to be cleaned up significantly.

I am having signing key issues, so an installer isn't yet available. I've uploaded the stand-alone EXE in hopes that it will somehow work. You will need to install the Microsoft .NET framework and (of course) the VideoLAN Client ActiveX control prior to running this program.

I'm new to open-source development and working with other people, so I can use any help I can get. ;)

Return to “Web and scripting”