VLC In C# program (Visual Studio)

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
Kiichiro
New Cone
New Cone

VLC In C# program (Visual Studio)

Postby Kiichiro » 19 May 2018 15:54

Hello all, I am new to using VLC in my programs and am also new to the forum!

So the program I am currently working on is a C# win form that allows me to load up a custom playlist,play the files in order, then move that file to a "watched" folder. I have everything working but was using VLC 2.0.7, unfortunately it does not allow me to play any MKV files(It does, but no video, only audio). I am wanting to switch to the VLC 4 developer but am having trouble finding out how to integrate it into Visual Studio / my program. I have tried reading the documentation on the wiki page but left feeling more confused then when I began.

Anyone have any advice/a "walkthrough"?

da2424
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: VLC In C# program (Visual Studio)

Postby da2424 » 29 May 2018 23:18

If you install VLC 4 on the PC on which VS is installed, the plugin should still be working in your project without re-integrating.
But it's possible that it's necessary to rename or delete the the folders /obj and /bin in your project folder. At next compilation time, Visual Studio will re-generate some libraries to access to the newer VLC plugin API.
Please note: If you want to create a 64bits C# program, you need VLC 64bits AND 32bits. If you don't install the 32bits version, VS will not dedect VLC.

Kiichiro
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC In C# program (Visual Studio)

Postby Kiichiro » 02 Jun 2018 16:43

Thank you so much da2424! I was unaware I needed 32 bit VLC to get the plugin to work with VS! you've just solved 99% of my issues.

Return to “Web and scripting”