using VLC activex in VB6

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
sahulhameed

using VLC activex in VB6

Postby sahulhameed » 18 Oct 2005 13:14

hi

I am trying to use the VLC active x in vb6 for playing video steamed from another machine.
i ran through the Video Lan forum and could get information like the activex is available in nightybuilds and so i downloaded..vlc-0.8.4-test1-20051014-0000-win32 version and installed...i registered the OCX and included in my vb Project. But the problem is due to lack of availability of help i am not able to proceed....i was not even succesful in playing the movie or making the vlc run.. So if anyof you could suggest me the procedure or example..or steps it would be helpful...
should vlc player be installed in machine where we use this activex :roll:

sahul

silversand623

Postby silversand623 » 19 Oct 2005 05:28

I have the same problem. I have downloaded the last version of vlc. When I use the activex in vb or mfc, it report com interop exception. But it performs perfect in the activex container. It is very appreciate if anyone can explain this. Thanks.

Postby Guest » 08 Nov 2005 00:15

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but where did you get the VLC ActiveX component from?

Waruwaru
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Waruwaru » 08 Nov 2005 06:07

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but where did you get the VLC ActiveX component from?
There is a dll in activex directory.

You might want to take a look at this thread to set it up first. Then read this thread for info

highlysceptical
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Where is the ActiveX component?

Postby highlysceptical » 09 Nov 2005 09:25

Thanks Waruwaru.

Originally I had version 0.8.2 but did not have an ActiveX directory (or if I did, I couldn't find it!). But I have now downloaded 0.8.4 test2a and have found it.

BillW

Active X

Postby BillW » 12 Dec 2005 18:17

I too have the same problem. I downloaded the ActiveX dll and registered. I added the component to a VB6 project and created an object.
Now the only issue is how to display a video.
We are trying to intercept a multicast video: 224.1.1.1:32794.
Does anybody know what method(i tried MRL, and addTarget) to use and the format of the request.
THANX in advance
Bill :shock:

klunde
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby klunde » 13 Dec 2005 08:13

Try this:

Code: Select all

VLCPlugin.addTarget "c:\temp\myfile.mpg", Null, VLCPlayListReplaceAndGo, -666
</Morten>

BillW

Postby BillW » 13 Dec 2005 15:04

Klunde,
I tried your example.
I only have the 'Cone of silence' showing. I checked the play count after I did the addTarget and it returned a 1.
I did read something about design and run modes. But I did not see how to change, so I figured it was just studio design so I made an executable and results still the same.
THANX in advance
Bill

BillW

Postby BillW » 13 Dec 2005 21:06

Update; As I was trying to figure it all out, I fell back to the 0.8.4 version of the ActiveX control and all works. To play a multicast: udp://@224.1.1.1:32794.mpg where 224.1.1.1 is IpAddress and 32794 is port.
THANX
Bill

Return to “Web and scripting”