Problems with two activeX in the same page

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
cebecerril
New Cone
New Cone

Problems with two activeX in the same page

Postby cebecerril » 19 Jan 2006 09:52

Hi!:

Mainly, I have two problems with ActiveX:

1. I have a web page with a VLC running, then I push a button to open another window with the same VLC on fullScreen but the VLC doesn't change its size, and the background of the new page gets to black.

2. When I show two VLC in the same page, but in different frames, it only shows one of them but with a mixed video of the two VLC.

Am I doing something wrong?

Postby Guest » 19 Jan 2006 14:49

I don't think so ... VLC active X doesn't like to be used twice in the same process...
In delphi it is the same : impossible to use 2 VLC active x in the same application.

tonsofpcs
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby tonsofpcs » 19 Jan 2006 17:39

There is currently an issue with having two ActiveX controls in the same host process. Have you tried using the fullscreen method of the ActiveX control?

ActiveX control documentation: http://wiki.videolan.org/index.php/ActiveX and http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/file/trunk ... README.TXT

cebecerril
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cebecerril » 20 Jan 2006 09:13

I've tried "thousands" of combinations and if I have a browser whith only one of the two VLC, and then I open another browser with the last VLC and a second one (each one in a different frame) then it works well.

But If I close the first browser and I refresh the second one, then one of the two VLC shows a mixed video of the two VLC and the other one goes to blank.

I think this could help to solve the problem

tonsofpcs

Re: Problems with two activeX in the same page

Postby tonsofpcs » 20 Jan 2006 09:54

I have a web page with a VLC running, then I push a button to open another window with the same VLC on fullScreen but the VLC doesn't change its size, and the background of the new page gets to black.

Am I doing something wrong?
Yes. Don't open another window with the same VLC. Just use the fullscreen method (function) of the ActiveX control/plugin.

cebecerril
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cebecerril » 20 Jan 2006 09:57

Thanks, tonsofpcs, first problem solved, so...

What do you think about the second one?

Quovodis

Postby Quovodis » 23 Jan 2006 11:56

using Overlay could be one of your problem, try turning it off in the VLC preference panel under video output.

please note that refreshing a page containing a VLC plugin has the same effect as quiting the VLC player and relauching it again.

cebecerril
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cebecerril » 23 Jan 2006 12:47

Well, I still having the same problem. What I want to do is a mosaic in a web page, putting one VLC in every frame of the page. Is there any way of doing this?

Quovodis

Postby Quovodis » 23 Jan 2006 13:05

do you have an example I could have a look, possibly online

cebecerril
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cebecerril » 23 Jan 2006 13:29

Very easy:

I have a page with two frames. Each frame has a page whith only the VLC Object.

If I open another window browser with one VLC, then the mosaic works well, but if I close the browser with one VLC, and refresh the mosaic, then it doesn't work.

If I don't open any other browser, then one VLC shows a mixed video, and the other is black.

wser
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wser » 31 Jan 2007 20:46

Hi, long time ago this topic

Well, I`m trying to "display" two diffrent streams into a webpage with vlc, while i can`t reach the point where the user can hear the music at the same time as switching camerea views from my place. Among all these activeX problems along vlc, i guess that either the activeX Plugin can`t process two streams at once or that it can`t be written in a html or java code.

If you have a look at the html code from http://life.whatsoeverrecords.net you will know what i mean.

Sincerely

WSER

divx118
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby divx118 » 31 Jan 2007 21:37

You will have to use at least two objects in your page. Just duplicate the object code
<tr>
<td colspan="3" align="center">
<OBJECT classid="clsid:E23FE9C6-778E-49D4-B537-38FCDE4887D8"
width="320" height="240" codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/video ... /axvlc.cab"
id="vlc" events="True">
<param name="Src" value="http://stream.whatsoeverrecords.net:8080" />
<param name="AutoPlay" value="True" />
</OBJECT>
</td>
</tr>
and set the id to for example vlc2 with the first object you can play your audio and with the second (vlc2) you can play your streams.

The only problem is that there seems to be some problems doing this, but maybe it will work for you.
PS set the width and height value of the first object to 0 so it will not show up on your screen.

Maurice

wser
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wser » 31 Jan 2007 21:44

Well, I`m going to try this option tomorrow, thank you for taking the time to see the html code. Gonna tell you the results.

:D

xiaobei
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby xiaobei » 01 Feb 2007 07:59

Hi !
Could somebody provid a compiled static axvlc.dll of 0.8.6?
I need it urgently! Thanks!

Return to “Web and scripting”