multiple activex controls on one web page

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
dbriley
New Cone
New Cone

multiple activex controls on one web page

Postby dbriley » 19 Oct 2006 13:26

I'm having a bit of a problem using multiple activex controls on one page in IE. I've searched the forums and the bugs database and found a few people with similar problems, but no suggestions that seem to fix my problem.

First of all, if I have multiple controls one page, I normally get audio from both, but no video from the second. Both controls are receiving the same udp multicast stream from a machine on the network.

Also, IE seems to crash fairly often if I hit refresh, which doesn't seem to happen with only one control.

I've experienced the sympthoms on two seperate machines, running both IE7 & 6 using VLC 0.8.5 and 0.8.4.

Here's a code snippet that shows how I'm embedding the control

Code: Select all

<div class="stream" id="stream_x"> <h3>Stream X</h3> <div class="feed" id="feed_x"> <object id="control_x" width="250" height="250" events="True" classid="CLSID:E23FE9C6-778E-49D4-B537-38FCDE4887D8" codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/win32/axvlc.cab"> <param name="Src" value="udp://@224.0.0.1:1234"/> <!--param name="Src" value="C:\Data\Projects\ioN\Media\WalthamResponse\Video\lalo_briefing.mpg"/--> <param name="AutoPlay" value="True"/> <param name="AutoLoop" value="False"/> <param name="ShowDisplay" value="True"/> </object> </div> </div>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

mloiaco
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mloiaco » 30 Jan 2007 22:03

Any updates on this? I have a similar problem

wser
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wser » 31 Jan 2007 13:16

Hi folks

I foucus on the similar problem. I have 4 different streams on a webpage, while there always should be Music hearable i can only switch between Music or the Video Stream.

Any idea?

WSER

Return to “Web and scripting”