vlc 0.8.6 ActiveX problem with IE

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
ParKiN
New Cone
New Cone

vlc 0.8.6 ActiveX problem with IE

Postby ParKiN » 18 Jan 2007 15:52

Hi everybody, thanks all the developpers for the great work made for VLC, this is really a wonderful software!

Now my problem: I'm trying to play some videos (url : mms:\\azerty.wmv for example) on a website.
the code looks like this in the body tag:

Code: Select all

<object id="vlcAx" class="vlcAx"height="260" width="320" classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921"> <param name="AutoPlay" value="True" /> <param name="AutoStart" value="True" /> <object id="vlc" class="vlc" height="260" width="320" type="application/x-vlc-plugin"> <param name="AutoStart" value="True" /> <param name="AutoPlay" value="True" /> </object> </object>
In the head tag, i have :

sPathVideo = "mms://sIdVideo + "_250kb.wmv"; if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie") != -1) { vlc.style.visibility = "hidden"; document.getElementById("vlcAx").add_item(sPathVideo); document.getElementById("vlcAx").set_volume(100); document.getElementById("vlcAx").play(); } else if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("gecko") != -1) { document.getElementById("vlc").add_item(sPathVideo); document.getElementById("vlc").set_volume(100); document.getElementById("vlc").play(); }
It works perfectly with Firefox 2.0.0.1 but I try with IE 6, and I only have the cone image, the video doesn't start.
Can someone help me with that? thanks.

divx118
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby divx118 » 18 Jan 2007 17:37

You could try to add the javascript in a function and call it with an onload in the body tag.

Maurice

ParKiN
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ParKiN » 18 Jan 2007 18:16

Maurice, I tried your solution but there is no change.

IE could not execute this code :

document.getElementById("vlcAx").add_item(sPathVideo);

And I have the following error in IE :

cet objet ne gère pas cette propriété ou cette méthode

I tried with :

document.getElementById("vlcAx").playlist.add(sPathVideo); document.getElementById("vlcAx").playlist.play();
but I obtain another error in IE :

'document.getElementById(...).playlist' a la valeur Null ou n'est pas un objet

What can I do to play this video?
thanks.

ParKiN

divx118
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby divx118 » 18 Jan 2007 18:33

Could you please post your complete code?
There are some things i noticed
sPathVideo = "mms://sIdVideo + "_250kb.wmv";

sIdVideo is that a variable if so it should be sPathVideo = "mms://" + sIdVideo + "_250kb.wmv";
And you set the <param name="AutoPlay" value="false" /> because you haven't add a video to the playlist yet.
<param name="AutoStart" value="True" /> I didn't know this parameter exist.

Maurice

ParKiN
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ParKiN » 19 Jan 2007 10:17

You're right, I made a little mistake ! sorry.

Here is my complete html page :

<head> <title>Visionneuse</title> <script type = "text/javascript" language = "JavaScript"> var sPathVideo; function bootinit() { bFromSearch = getQueryStringByName("fs"); var sIdVideo = getQueryStringByName("id"); var cstep = getQueryStringByName("cstep"); if(cstep==2) sPathVideo = "mms://"+ sIdVideo + "_100kb.wmv"; else if(cstep==3) sPathVideo = "mms://"+ sIdVideo + "_250kb.wmv"; document.getElementById("titre_video").value = getQueryStringByName("titre"); if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie") != -1) { vlc.style.visibility = "hidden"; //does nothing !!! document.getElementById("vlcAx").add_item(sPathVideo); document.getElementById("vlcAx").set_volume(100); document.getElementById("vlcAx").play(); } else if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("gecko") != -1) { document.getElementById("vlc").add_item(sPathVideo); document.getElementById("vlc").set_volume(100); document.getElementById("vlc").play(); } } function Retour() { if (bFromSearch == "1" ) self.location.href = "../recherche.asp?reaffiche=1"; else self.location.href = "../contenu_1.htm"; } function Play() { if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("gecko") != -1) { if(document.getElementById("vlc").Playing) document.getElementById("vlc").pause(); else document.getElementById("vlc").play(); } else if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie") != -1) { if(document.getElementById("vlcAx").Playing) document.getElementById("vlcAx").pause(); else document.vlcAx.playlist.play(); } } function Stop() { if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("gecko") != -1) document.getElementById("vlc").stop(); else if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie") != -1) alert("pas encore supporté !"); } function Fullscreen() { if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("gecko") != -1) document.getElementById("vlc").fullscreen(); else if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie") != -1) alert("pas encore supporté !"); } function incrVolume() { if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("gecko") != -1) { if(document.getElementById("vlc").get_volume() <200) document.getElementById("vlc").set_volume(document.getElementById("vlc").get_volume()+20); } else if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie") != -1) alert("pas encore supporté !"); } function decrVolume() { if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("gecko") != -1) { if(document.getElementById("vlc").get_volume() > 0) document.getElementById("vlc").set_volume(document.getElementById("vlc").get_volume()-20); } else if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie") != -1) alert("pas encore supporté !"); } </script> </head> <body onload = "bootinit()"> <div > <input class = "titre_video" id = "titre_video" name = "text1" readonly = "readonly" /> </div> <div > <object id="vlcAx" class="vlcAx" height="260" width="320" classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921"> <param id = "AutoPlay" name="AutoPlay" value="True" /> <param id = "AutoStart" name="AutoStart" value="True" /> <object id="vlc" class="vlc" height="260" width="320" type="application/x-vlc-plugin"> <param name="AutoStart" value="True" /> <param name="AutoPlay" value="True" /> </object> </object> </div> <div> <a onclick="Retour()" href="#">Retour</a> <a onclick="Play()" href="#">Lecture</a> <a onclick="Stop()" href="#">Stop</a> <a onclick="Fullscreen()" href="#">Plein écran</a> Volume : <a onclick="incrVolume()" href="#">(+)</a> <a onclick="decrVolume()" href="#">(-)</a> </div> </body>
Thank you for your interest.

ParKiN

divx118
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby divx118 » 19 Jan 2007 18:03

You are not using the right methods for the 0.8.6 plugin see the documentation here scroll down until you reach Build HTML pages that use the plugin (version > 0.8.5.1) .
You also should look at the source of this testsite

Hope this will help you.

Maurice

wser
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wser » 25 Jan 2007 00:56

hi

I use for IE the defined plugin url from videolan such as:

"http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/video ... /axvlc.cab"

for other browser such as mozilla see one post above.

Do you know the problem, that any user, which haven`t installled VLC yet on his client, is beeing stopped by the IE Browser Security Settings?
To solve it you have to change the Security Level to: download unsigned activeX elements (activate-not save/confirmation). This is likely difficult for users who don`t know this, and there are a lot of them, including me.

So, keep on listening

Cheers

WSER

ParKiN
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ParKiN » 25 Jan 2007 13:01

Thanks to all of you for your interest about my problem !
WSER, I already know what you're talking about, I added a little link to a webpage which explain how to change those settings in IE. I hope that customers will succeed with this!
ParKiN

Return to “Web and scripting”