Changing Audio Tracks smoothly using the ActiveX Control

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
JMS
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Changing Audio Tracks smoothly using the ActiveX Control

Postby JMS » 21 Apr 2006 17:33

I'm using the 0.8.4a control in a C# DVB application and it seems to be very stable. I tried to find out a way to choose between different audio tracks and the only hint in this forum brough me to clearing the playlist and adding a new entry with the :audio-track option. Although this works the change briefly stops the display.

Is there any way to get the audio-track selection as smoothly as in the VLC executable? I though setVariable() would be a way but I found no way (or correct parameter) to do it.

Any hints?

Thanx

Jochen

usbhell
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby usbhell » 21 Apr 2006 20:02

in vb you can cycle through the tracks with something like

hotkey = VLCPlugin1.getVariable("key-audio-track")
VLCPlugin1.setVariable "key-pressed", hotkey

or select a track using the option below

":audio-track=1"

I don't know how to select a particular track without another addTarget

arno

Postby arno » 21 Apr 2006 21:36

I was looking for the same and came to the conclusio as of the time beeing there is no other way. The get/setVariable (which should work on audio-track) doesn't work with this version - so I also use the options.... hopefully in the future version we will have access to all set/getVariables..

(It's sad since you either have a short break or you cannot switch directly to a audiochannel but just circle to the next one with key-pressed)

Regards
A.

Return to “Web and scripting”