Browser plugin - set deinterlace problem

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
pootle
New Cone
New Cone

Browser plugin - set deinterlace problem

Postby pootle » 21 Jan 2006 00:23

I need to turn on deinterlace in the plugin running under firefox on Windows XP.
I can do things like skip , play and pause, but the call to set deinterlace doesn't work - syntax or something must be wrong.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong please?

Here is script in browser

<embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin"
name="video83606"
autoplay="no"
loop="yes"
width="448"
height="320"
target="Q:\mradmin\a1,136,503,186.786.mpg">
</embed><br>
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="document.video83606.play()">Play</a>
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="document.video83606.pause()">Pause</a>
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="document.video83606.stop()">Stop</a>
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="document.video83606.fullscreen()">Fullscreen</a>
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="document.video83606.set_str_variable('deinterlace-mode','bob')">De-interlace</a>
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="document.video83606.seek(30,1)">skip 30</a>
Streaming audio and vidio from a server, controlled by a database and web site written in php - that is the plan :)

tonsofpcs
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby tonsofpcs » 21 Jan 2006 09:41

set_str_variable -- ?? Is this a javascript function or are you assuming this is an accessable VLC function?

usbhell
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby usbhell » 21 Jan 2006 10:41

I don't know exactly how you'd do it, but in vb I think you need to specify the --vout-filter as well to be deinterlace

Code: Select all

Dim options() As Variant options = Array(":vout-filter=deinterlace", ":deinterlace-mode=bob") VLCPlugin1.addTarget App.Path & "/blah.ts", options, VLCPlayListAppendAndGo, -666

pootle
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pootle » 22 Jan 2006 15:52

set_str_variable -- ?? Is this a javascript function or are you assuming this is an accessable VLC function?
I assume its a javascrpt interface into the player as described herehttp://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/ ... l#id293608
Streaming audio and vidio from a server, controlled by a database and web site written in php - that is the plan :)

pootle
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pootle » 22 Jan 2006 16:38

Sorry usbhell, I can't see how to get from there to here - my knowledge of both these script langauges is minimal - I'll do a bit more digging though.

Return to “Web and scripting”