Change audio output with AxVLCPlugin

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
Snaugikol
New Cone
New Cone

Change audio output with AxVLCPlugin

Postby Snaugikol » 30 May 2019 13:21

Hi all, i am developing an app in VB.NET with AxVLCPlugin. And i am trying to change the output of the sound (for example if the default output is speakers, i wanna select programmaticaly hdmi)
how can i do this?

Snaugikol
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Change audio output with AxVLCPlugin

Postby Snaugikol » 03 Jun 2019 08:07

ok, if nobody knows if I can do it with axvlcplugin, at least can someone tell me how I can do with vlclib?

da2424
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby da2424 » 04 Jun 2019 20:19

Hi,
I'm not sure if these options are allowed for the ActiveX plugin, but you can try it with the following options:

Code: Select all

var options = "--aout=directsound --directx-audio-device=Name-of-your-HDMI-device"; vlc.playlist.add("file:///c:/path/to/your/file", "", options); vlc.playlist.play();
If you don't like to use DirectSound, you can use another output module. You can find all available options at https://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_command-line_help (But caution, not all options are allowed in the ActiveX plugin)

Snaugikol
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Snaugikol » 05 Jun 2019 17:38

Thanks but the plugin ignoes this options....
you can see the options that are accepted here: https://wiki.videolan.org/ActiveX/#Options

Any suggest? i want to play different instances of the plugin and each one in one output.

Snaugikol
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Snaugikol » 11 Jun 2019 12:15

Ok.. i think i can't with the activex plugin
finally i move to zebobo5 use of LibVLC, and i can do what i want, thanks to all for the help.

Return to “Web and scripting”