How to add an event listener to the VLC ActiveX Plugin embedded in a Windows Forms application?

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
rrrrrrrr
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

How to add an event listener to the VLC ActiveX Plugin embedded in a Windows Forms application?

Postby rrrrrrrr » 15 Dec 2018 11:40

I am embedding the VLC ActiveX Plugin in a Windows Forms application with VB.NET.

In the documentation for the WebPlugin https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:WebPlugin/ there are methods like vlc.addEventListener(eventname, callback, bubble) and vlc.attachEvent(eventname, callback). But the documentation for the ActiveX Plugin https://wiki.videolan.org/ActiveX/ is obsolete and has no information about how to listen to the plugin's events.

How can I add an event listener to the plugin events?

da2424
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: How to add an event listener to the VLC ActiveX Plugin embedded in a Windows Forms application?

Postby da2424 » 18 Dec 2018 22:44

Hi,

in VB.NET, the kind of registration of an event listener is a little bit different.
Here are two examples:

Code: Select all

'MediaPlayerPlaying event Private Sub AxVLCPlugin21_MediaPlayerPlaying(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles objVLC.MediaPlayerPlaying MsgBox("Media is playing") End Sub 'MediaPlayerTimeChanged event, returns time as integer Private Sub AxVLCPlugin21_MediaPlayerTimeChanged(sender As Object, e As AxAXVLC.DVLCEvents_MediaPlayerTimeChangedEvent) Handles objVLC.MediaPlayerTimeChanged MsgBox("Time has changed: " & e.time) End Sub

SimPune
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How to add an event listener to the VLC ActiveX Plugin embedded in a Windows Forms application?

Postby SimPune » 02 Jan 2019 09:43

I am embedding the VLC ActiveX Plugin in a Windows Forms application.
In the documentation for the WebPlugin there are methods like vlc.addEventListener(event name, callback, bubble) and vlc.attachEvent(eventname, callback). But the documentation for the ActiveX Plugin is obsolete and has no information about how to listen to the plugin's events.

colincourtfarm
New Cone
New Cone

Postby colincourtfarm » 22 Jan 2019 12:45

Hi,

Maybe see my post today about the plugin and VB6 - might help you with your .NET problem?

Return to “Web and scripting”