AcitveX Control and Option settings

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
Jabh

Postby Jabh » 05 Oct 2005 09:06

I have the activex control embedded in VB6 and working. I am trying to set the options array for various features and functions and have found some (many) that do not work.

As examples only

":f" does not work but ":fullscreen" does;

":loop" or ":input-repeat 2" both NOT working;

":no-audio" or ":no-video" both work perfectly.

Does any one have a current (I am using vlc-0.8.4-svn20050925-2128-win32 version) list of working options for the activex control...

or

...can someone tell me what I am doing wrong

Thanks

Quovodis
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Quovodis » 05 Oct 2005 21:44

the options are listed when you type vlc --longhelp --advanced
":loop" or ":input-repeat 2" both NOT working
they should work, have you tried using them through the player ? could be a current VLC bug

jabh

Postby jabh » 06 Oct 2005 00:18

Thanks Quovodis for the reply

I already have the vlc-help and am trying to utilize many of the options in it...hence my problems

The help-file provides hundreds of options but many of the 20 or 30 I have tested do no appear to impact the ActiveX control.

As far as the media player version:

vlc file://c:\clip2.avi --loop

works no problem (loops the input)

but

vlc file://c:\clip2.avi --input-repeat 3

does not work (no repeat - but maybe I dont understand this option)

Anyway, the long and the short of it is I cannot get many of the options I wish to use to work with the ActiveX control and I thought there maybe me a limited commandset implemented that someone could tell me about

J.

klunde
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: AcitveX Control and Option settings

Postby klunde » 29 Nov 2005 14:20

I have the activex control embedded in VB6 and working. I am trying to set the options array for various features and functions and have found some (many) that do not work.

":f" does not work but ":fullscreen" does;
Hi, could you apply an example on how you have gotten the ":fullscreen" parameter to work with vb6?
</Morten>

klunde
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby klunde » 29 Nov 2005 15:15

Also, it seems to me that the property .Lenght() is missing when I'm using the ActiveX component in VB6. I see that it works in the test.html file but there is no .Length property in VB's object browser.

Is there anyone who knows how to get the length of the movie/recording in VB?

(version 0.8.4 release)
</Morten>

Quovodis

Postby Quovodis » 29 Nov 2005 16:16

it is not missing, it is just hidden so that they don't show in properties panel;but you can use it in your VB code without problems;

klunde
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby klunde » 29 Nov 2005 16:31

Thanks, found it.

Now, what format is the number in ? I' opening a file that is 02:00:01 in length and .length reports 4150 ??
</Morten>

Quovodis

Postby Quovodis » 29 Nov 2005 18:20

length is in seconds, but the value comes from the demuxer which could report a wrong value, check if the player also returns an invalid value

klunde
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby klunde » 30 Nov 2005 08:00

So there actually isn't a way to get the correct length of the file through the activeX component then?
</Morten>

Quovodis

Postby Quovodis » 30 Nov 2005 16:39

this is nothing todo with the activex control, but more to do with the media your are playing, which may not contain the proper length, or vlc cannot figure it out.

klunde
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby klunde » 30 Nov 2005 17:50

Well, now I usually manages to get the length information. Unfortunelately it's not a very stable routine as I have to keep trying to get the info after starting to play the file. If I ask for the value after I've loaded the file and set the player on pause it only responds with -20. Most of the times it do responds with the correct value after playing for some seconds.

If there is another way to ask the playlist or something about a given files length that would offcourse be much safer...
</Morten>

Re: AcitveX Control and Option settings

Postby Guest » 02 Dec 2005 19:51

Hi, could you apply an example on how you have gotten the ":fullscreen" parameter to work with vb6?
Public WithEvents oVlc As AXVLC.VLCPlugin

Private Sub Form_Load()
Set oVlc = New AXVLC.VLCPlugin
oVlc.Visible = True
End Sub

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim Voptions() As Variant
Voptions() = Array(":file-caching=1000", ":duplicate{dst=display}", ":fullscreen")

oVlc.addTarget "c:\film.avi", Voptions, VLCPlayListAppendAndGo, -666
Voption = Null
End Sub

Return to “Web and scripting”