Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'AXVLC.IVLCPlaylist'. (in c# app)

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
Astarael
New Cone
New Cone

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'AXVLC.IVLCPlaylist'. (in c# app)

Postby Astarael » 07 Apr 2015 16:29

Hi,

I'm testing an application at work built in C# using win forms.
It's working fine on my colleague who built it's PC but not on mine.
I have the latest version of VLC.

I get the following error when trying to load videos into the players

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'AXVLC.IVLCPlaylist'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{54613049-40BF-4035-9E70-0A9312C0188D}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
at System.StubHelpers.InterfaceMarshaler.ConvertToManaged(IntPtr pUnk, IntPtr itfMT, IntPtr classMT, Int32 flags)

Anyone any ideas - I'm thinking maybe the version of VLC? I'll know more maybe when she's back in tomorrow but right now I can't tell you anymore about the codebase.
Thanks!

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'AXVLC.IVLCPlaylist'. (in c# app)

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 08 Apr 2015 11:27

Please file a bug, or use 2.1.5, for now.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

jerry20
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'AXVLC.IVLCPlaylist'. (in c# app)

Postby jerry20 » 22 May 2015 00:14

Same issue here.
Updated to 2.2.1 and got the same error.

Lightlabyrinth
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Lightlabyrinth » 24 May 2016 22:15

Has a bug report been filed for this? If so, is it being addressed? Because it still exists in 2.2.3, we're being forced to use 2.1.5 across all applications.

da2424
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby da2424 » 24 May 2016 22:27

Do this issue also appear for you in new projects, or only in already existing ones?

For already existing projects: Try to delete or rename the folders /obj and /bin in your project folder. At next compilation time, Visual Studio will re-generate some libraries to access to VLC.

Return to “Web and scripting”