Streaming multiple RTSP sources

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
teoxx76
New Cone
New Cone

Streaming multiple RTSP sources

Postby teoxx76 » 25 Nov 2011 18:06

Hello all, i'm new to this forum.
I'm developing a web application that will run on a single machine locally. This page includes a vlc web plugin that has to play rtsp streaming from ip cameras.
There are 4 cameras, and i need vlc to automatically skip from camera 1 to camera 4 every 20 seconds. I first tried to load 4 different html's, each one with a vlc plugin, in an iframe. Every page is loaded in the iframe after 20 seconds, so you see the first camera, then the second, etc.. Everything works fine, except that after a few hours the system hangs (IE first of all) and you have either to close IE or shut down the computer. Is loading the rtsp's streams in a playlist the solution? Maybe using a single plugin instead of loading 4 different ones is a better idea.
The page also has a wmp player that loops a single video, and 3 swf that shows time, weather and rss feeds for news.
I started using 2 vlc players instead of vlc-wmp but the sistem was also hanging after a few hours. Maybe the problem is having two players in the same page?
Any help will be appreciated.
P.S. sorry if my english is not good, i tried to explain myself ate the best of my possibilities :D

vlctranscoder
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Streaming multiple RTSP sources

Postby vlctranscoder » 27 Nov 2011 18:26

Do you speak Russian?

andrewppp
New Cone
New Cone

Postby andrewppp » 29 Jan 2012 19:27

Maybe it's because you're starting but not stopping the streams themselves, and you get an accumulation that overflows somewhere?
I guess you start with rtsp://<ip_addr>/media/video0 ? Do you use any other RTSP commands? How do you stop this stream you started?

Just some vague ideas; sorry that I can't be more specific.

linunox
New Cone
New Cone

Postby linunox » 12 Sep 2015 20:32

Hello,
Did someone resolve this issue? or have some kind of solution?

I need someting like that, i have 3 rtsp ip cam's and need to include áudio local radio station...
What is the best to make this work?

Best regards,
Nuno

egosum
New Cone
New Cone

Postby egosum » 14 Sep 2015 12:50

Use the js api for vlc web plugin.

https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation ... put_object

Code: Select all

var options = new Array(":aspect-ratio=4:3", "--rtsp-tcp"); var id = vlc.playlist.add("rtsp://servername/item/to/play", "fancy name", options); vlc.playlist.playItem(id);
Use only one vlc object and stop the first streaming and play the second.

Return to “Web and scripting”