Help with vlc embedded in html

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
DuqueGZ
New Cone
New Cone

Help with vlc embedded in html

Postby DuqueGZ » 16 Mar 2011 19:29

Hi!

First of all, I want to sorry about my bad english, but I hope you will be able to understand me and help me with my problem.

I am making some proofs with a "dummy" html code to get a videolan embedded to reproduce video.

I got this piece of html code from the Internet:

<embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin" name="VLC" autoplay="yes"
loop="no" volume="100" width="640" height="480" target="example.avi">

But with this code the video doesn't reproduce on the web. If I change the attribute target by src I can view the video reproducing on the web, but I don't understand the reason.

In addition, my goal is to stream some video from a VLC player and then view this stream embedded on the player embedded on my html code.

I opened a VLC player on my computer and searching in Google i was able to stream video on the address rtp://192.X.X.X:5554 and then if I open another VLC player and I open a net stream on this address the video is reproduced on the second player (that's what I want to get on my html code!)

But if I put "rtp://192.X.X.X:5554" on the target attribute of the embed in my html code I don't get anything (and If I change target by src, no result yet).

I don't know what I'm doing bad, so I will be thank for your help.

Greets!

DuqueGZ
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Help with vlc embedded in html

Postby DuqueGZ » 17 Mar 2011 09:51

I resolved part of the problem!

I had a wrong configuration in the Firefox plugins and it was using Gnome Mplayer for reproduce "application/x-vlc-plugin", instead of VLC plugin. I changed this configuration and now I can see the video reproducing on the embedded player.

But now I have another problem. With the Gnome Mplayer I saw control buttons in the player for play, pause, stop, etc. the video, but now with the VLC plugin I haven't this controls and I don't know how can I pause the video.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

EDIT: Finally, I resolved this problem too. I used Javascript to make some buttons that when are clicked they play, stop, pause and mute the video (that's what I need for the moment) and it work's

There is not a way to have the "classics" controls that are owns of the player not? I mean, this controls you can view and use when you open a player on your desktop (in fact, this controls was these what I saw when the Gnome Mplayer appeared on my page).

Ilasir
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: Help with vlc embedded in html

Postby Ilasir » 18 Mar 2011 21:35

There is no official way to have the desktop controls on the plugin, but you can go here: http://vlcwebcontrolpanel.wordpress.com ... rol-panel/ to find a javascript version(no skins, just the default). Keep in mind though, that the api is still broken in versions 1.1.x.

Return to “Web and scripting”