Deinterlace

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
dave_c_uk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Deinterlace

Postby dave_c_uk » 29 Mar 2010 16:41

Hi all,

I'm trying to add the deinterlace option to javascript control of the activex but no matter how I do it (either by a script or property etc) it doesnt function. When I use

function deinterlace()
{
vlc.video.deinterlace.enable("linear")
}

I just get 'vlc.video.deinterace' is null or not an object. I'm using other vlc.video properties (subtitles for exampl) without a problem.

Any ideas please?

whome
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Deinterlace

Postby whome » 29 Mar 2010 18:20

Are you sure you have a beta VLC 1.1.x version (+plugin) installed?
Not that I have ever tried VLC 1.1.x plugin interface if deinterlace method should work anyway.

VLC 1.0.x release does not have video.deinterlace interface method. What makes it even more bad in an older version it does not use a startup options, sources say "disabled for security reasons". Previously it was a startup options we were able to give deinterlace method.

dave_c_uk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dave_c_uk » 29 Mar 2010 18:31

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm using the activex version that comes with VLC 1.0.5 - the documentation implies that everything after 0.8.6. has these methods? I didnt even realise there was a 1.1.x to be honest... Where can i find the 1.1.x ones?

Thanks

whome
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby whome » 29 Mar 2010 18:38

Ok, you have read VLC 1.1.x plugin documentation then, so given method is still not available.
VLC1.1.x is still under construction, I don't know a release timetable. Quite many is waiting for it :-) See trunk* folders to download a nightly builds, be prepare to see random crashes.

See this post about enabling deinterlace in VLC1.0.x plugin. I made today a small test, half good half bad results.

dave_c_uk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dave_c_uk » 29 Mar 2010 21:14

OK, everything makes sense now! I hadn't noticed the notes saying v1.1.x or higher, though its a bit odd that they're on the documentation for the current releases! My mistake anyway, I'll wait for it to be released.
Thanks for taking the time to help!

Return to “Web and scripting”