Quick Question: Parameter and Value to Show Video Controls

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
lindarw
New Cone
New Cone

Quick Question: Parameter and Value to Show Video Controls

Postby lindarw » 08 Jun 2009 03:48

Hello...

What is the parameter and value to show the start, stop, pause buttons on the embedded video? I am new at this....I do know the javascript but I am using a canned website builder and it will only allows me the paramter name and the value...is there anywhere I can find a complete list of parameters for VLC?

Thanx in advance,

lindarw

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Quick Question: Parameter and Value to Show Video Controls

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 08 Jun 2009 10:39

There is no video controls in plugins.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

lindarw
New Cone
New Cone

Postby lindarw » 08 Jun 2009 14:27

Thanx,I am glad I didn't keep looking.

Tony M
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Tony M » 04 Feb 2010 16:29

Hi,

This post is 12 months old, so I wanted to check if anything has changed in later releases.

I am using VLC plug-in v1.0.2 Goldeneye and this doesn't display any controls either.

Is it possible to show the play / stop / positions controls now?

Thanks

Tony M
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Tony M » 05 Feb 2010 14:14

Thanks for the link to the documentation. I've read this and still don't know the answer. :?
In theory, I could include a load of buttons and link them to event handlers etc...

However, what I am trying to do is to create a page that can use a Windows Media plugin, quicktime or VLC depending on the format of the video. In particular, I want to use this to play Windows Media Files in a web page on a Mac. Currently I use the wmp plugin on a PC including it's built in controls.
(the flip4mac plugin isn't any good as the videos are quite long and it doesn't play until it has converted the whole file).

Both WMP and QuickTime support player transport controls within the play area.

What I really want to do is to turn on VLC's builtin controls within the play window. The last post said this wasn't implemented - I just wanted to check if this has changed e.g. showcontrols="true" when embedding the plugin doesn't do anything.

Then, I just autoplay the videos and monitor the player status as with the other plugins.

Thanks

Return to “Web and scripting”