!!!!!!!!!!!!!! asp.net 2 app and javascript api PLEASE HELP!

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
twebb72
New Cone
New Cone

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! asp.net 2 app and javascript api PLEASE HELP!

Postby twebb72 » 10 Jul 2008 11:12

I have an asp.net 2 application running on IIS that needs to call the javascript commands of the vlc interface.
I know I can setup an iframe containing the interface running on port 8080 (vlc web instance) from my parent interface running on port 80 (iis instance) and call the javascript commands thru the iframe.. however this seems inefficient of resources (the iframe would be hidden anyway, I only need the javascript commands exposed)...
Is there any way to have vlc hook directly into my application running on iis? An elegant solution hopefully exists..
Thanks in advance.
-Tim
PS. This is for a custom control interface of a vlc instance running remotely, hopefully that was clear by the question, the integration must work in an asp.net 2 environment.

***** Update ******
Since no one has responded, I attempted the iframe scenario... I cannot call the javascript functions because security exceptions catch all my calls because its considered cross domain when operating over different ports. Sigh.
There has got to be a way to create a custom interface inside an IIS web application. PLEASE HELP! This is a major stall to my project.

twebb72
New Cone
New Cone

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! asp.net 2 app and javascript api PLEASE HELP!

Postby twebb72 » 11 Jul 2008 05:56

Alright..
Well, the cross domain scripting not working. And I'm not to keen on using a proxy either...

So I've posted using .../requests/status.xml?command=in_enqueue&input=e:\yada.mp3
Which works, however still requires the round trip to the other, vlc domain on port 8080. This really isn't that elegant.

Any help? Any way to call the javascript commands directly (obviously cannot be done easily from another domain)?
Any way to get vlc to parse my IIS pages so that the application (vlc) can effectively wire itself up to my c# web app?

Return to “Web and scripting”