MIDL Compiler error [Solved]

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
m.e
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

MIDL Compiler error [Solved]

Postby m.e » 01 May 2007 12:04

I'm trying to change the uuid of the activex control so that my modified version can coexist on the same system as the official vlc activex. But when I try to compile using cygwin I get the following error.

Code: Select all

midl -Oicf -error all -env win32 -tlb axvlc.tlb -iid axvlc_idl.c -h axvlc_ axvlc.idl Microsoft (R) MIDL Compiler Version 5.01.0164 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1991-1997. All rights reserved. Processing .\axvlc.idl midl : command line error MIDL1004 : cannot execute C preprocessor cl.exe make[3]: *** [axvlc_idl.c] Error 236
The compilation works if I don't change the idl files. I've followed the readme and have written the following in cygwin

export PATH=$PATH:"/cygdrive/c/Program/Microsoft Visual Studio/COMMON/MSDev98/Bin":"/cygdrive/c/Program/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/Bin" export INCLUDE='C:\Program\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include' export MIDL="midl"
Visual C++ 6.0 is installed at C:\Program\Microsoft Visual Studio

The uuid was generated using http://www.famkruithof.net/uuid/uuidgen

Please help.
Last edited by m.e on 01 May 2007 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

m.e
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby m.e » 01 May 2007 12:36

I found a solution.

I did it "manually" instead. Opened up windows command prompt and wrote:

midl -Oicf -error all -env win32 -tlb axvlc.tlb -iid axvlc_idl.c -h axvlc_idl.h axvlc.idl
Then I just compiled it in cygwin again and it worked.

I'm a genius... ok maybe not.

Return to “Web and scripting”