LibVlc success! Question on getting status info...

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
dl0haus
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

LibVlc success! Question on getting status info...

Postby dl0haus » 13 Apr 2007 00:16

I have a program that does what I want it to with LibVlc... this entails downloading live streams to a file. This was accomplished with the AddTarget with the appropriate options.

I have some questions about getting the current status of things from the library. I would like to know how many bytes have come down and perhaps even get at an elapsed time (even though I can generate this separately). Is is possible to query the lib for a specific target and get these kinds of information from the library when a process is currently running.

I have an information screen about downloads that I would like to populate every so often with the current bytecount. How is this done through LibVlc?

Thanks,
D

dl0haus
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Hmm... perhaps...

Postby dl0haus » 13 Apr 2007 00:45

Where is the listing of valid attributes you can query from the lib? I tried getlength during a download and it always returned 0. Is there a listing of all variables you can query and their purpose?

Thanks,
D

Return to “Web and scripting”