Use VLanControl.dll in C#

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
2stream
New Cone
New Cone

Use VLanControl.dll in C#

Postby 2stream » 15 Mar 2007 01:03

Hello,

I have some questions about the use of VLanControl.dll, if someone knows about it or know where i can find some information over the specific questions.

1. If you create an instance of VLanControl.VlcUserControl() , what are the specifications that are default enabled on the vlc?

2. In the classe VlcUserControl you can find the methods "GetConfigVariable()" and "SetConfigVariable()", so i tried to config my instance VlcUserControl() with this methods, but i works only for a few preferences.

example:
this.vlc.SetConfigVariable("dshow-vdev", "String"); works fine.
this.vlc.GetConfigVariable("codec", "returnError"); doesn't work.

3. In the classe NativeLibVlc is the methods "GetVlcObjectString()" and "SetVlcObjectString()". Where can i find information over use of this methods.

4. What is the different between the methods of question 2 and 3.

Thx anyway :)

Tappen
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Tappen » 15 Mar 2007 07:53

Config variables are foir a few special cases of VideoLAN settings that can be set globally. I've never used them myself but someone on the forums asked me to add the functions so I did. I've always put options in the options array when adding an item to the playlist. Look at the Advanced Long Help of VLC to see all the options you can add.

2stream
New Cone
New Cone

Postby 2stream » 16 Mar 2007 03:59

Thx Tappen,
I tried it out and yes , it is easier.
But now i got another problem.

How can you change the output of movie to another movie WHILE the first movie is playing?

I try to use the method VlcUserControl.Stop() but than pauze it the video or music. I know that Vlc is multi-threaded so if you pauze the video thread its still excist, so if you than use VlcUserControl.PlayItem(index) it will fail. (i think its like that :? )
So is there a way to close the stream that vlc is playing on that moment?

Thx

CodeZilla
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Use VLanControl.dll in C#

Postby CodeZilla » 28 Jun 2007 15:47

Hi there,

Maybe a stupid question, but I can't get this running.

I want to place the VLC into a C# application, but how to do this? I have read many threads here and also the wiki, but I can't get it :oops:

Can somebody show me an example how to include VLC into my C# application? Where to get that VLanControl.dll from?

Please help, quite frustrating right now :cry:

Thanks in advance.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 28 Jun 2007 18:09

You can find everything in the .Net page on wiki.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

CodeZilla
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby CodeZilla » 29 Jun 2007 13:16

Thanks so far, I've managed to build the DLL file, however when I want to include this into my Project I get only empty controls and no video shown.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? Is the an example how to embed that VLanControl.dll into my C# project?

Thanks again.

serkanbarotti
New Cone
New Cone

Postby serkanbarotti » 10 Aug 2007 08:29

I am with my both hands for it. Really useful thing. I hope it will be developed further…

ror27
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Windows/GentooLinux

Postby ror27 » 12 Aug 2007 03:42

Hey there,

There appears to be a bug in Set/GetConfigVariable. I found I couldn't set certain properties, specifically the Visualization.

I posted a fix in viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36429&p=124243#p124193 hope that works for this too.

Return to “Web and scripting”