C# Activex Vlcplugin2 playlist.items.remove() removing all..

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
Emerica82
New Cone
New Cone

C# Activex Vlcplugin2 playlist.items.remove() removing all..

Postby Emerica82 » 02 Mar 2007 01:51

Hello again,

Now that my logging issues have been solved, I've been running into another problem.

When using playlist.items.remove(int) or playlist.removeitem(int)
All of the playlist entries are being removed, not just the targeted item.

Has anyone been experiencing the same issue?
I tried to work around it by re-adding the items that had been removed after removal, but if something is playing, vlc will stop playback when the currently playing item is removed.

Quovodis
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Quovodis » 02 Mar 2007 19:53

thanks for your bug report, i have indeed fixed the message log count issue and it should now behave appropriately.
regarding the playlist issue, i would suggest you try a recent nightly build and tell us if you are seeing this issue as well, i suggest you try the next nightly build so that you can avail of the log count fix

Emerica82
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Emerica82 » 04 Mar 2007 01:20

I grabbed a build from /build/win32/trunk-20070304-0001

Now both of the remove functions fail

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Quovodis

Postby Quovodis » 05 Mar 2007 12:36

I tried a yesterday trunk version on VB6 and it works as expected, if you are using .NET, you must rebuild the COM wrapper code everytime you upgrade the COM component

Emerica82
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Emerica82 » 06 Mar 2007 05:26

I'm using visual C# 2005 express, rebuilt the solution to no avail.
Then thought I would remove the control and references and re-add it.
Latest nightly builds give me the above Fail error, if I go back to 0.8.6a it removes all the items and stops playback due to no entries as per the original post.

I could be missing something if "rebuild the COM wrapper code " does not get done when rebuilding the solution or removing / re-adding controls.

On another note, is the playlist index zero based?
I've mainly been trying to remove item at index 1 with 3 or more items in the playlist for testing.

Besides this and the isplaying/togglepuase bug that has been reported already this seem to be working well.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out Quovodis. I've got other portions of my project to get completed, but i would appreciate if you had any other ideas either something on my end or maybe looking at the plugin. I'll keep checking the builds to see if things get any better.

Edit- I'm getting the same E_fail from the playitem method as well using the 0.9.0 nightlies. Looking more towards my end, or maybe vce?

Quovodis

Postby Quovodis » 06 Mar 2007 10:43

On another note, is the playlist index zero based?
I've mainly been trying to remove item at index 1 with 3 or more items in the playlist for testing.
no, it's not 0 based, but you should always delete an entry using the itemId returned by the add() method

Emerica82
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Emerica82 » 06 Mar 2007 11:39

you the man! :)

Here i was thinking it was a zero or 1 based index.
Checked what add() was returning and it was 9, 10, 11
So tried with the proper id's and things appear to be running well now.

Thanks so much.

Return to “Web and scripting”