Deprecated function issues

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
black
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Deprecated function issues

Postby black » 07 Oct 2008 06:15

Hey all,

Well, guess I "goofed" again! Discovered and error while working up another skin, in that, both electrix and void would hang VLC if the only track or first track in the playlist was deleted...VLC would quit responding and cpu load would go-to 50%, forcing a kill or logout to stop. Found the "hang" was caused by the "playlist" function, which is deprecated.

Well, silly me didn't see any problems with file deletion previously, so let it ride, but until I deleted the first or only file, all was cool. Fixed it by going to "Playtree" functions and updates to be done shortly.

Appologies again to all who grabbed those skins, and a kick for myself...twice!

By the way, I have no problem with feedback, positive or negative and perhaps if I had requested previously, the problem would have been id'd earlier. Feedback definately welcomed!

EDIT: Neglected to post this yesterday, just eager to get the fixed updates posted. Any way there were other changes to electrix, including:

-Cleanup of "black" coloring that looked out-of-place, existing in the main gui icons.
-Removal of the "resize buttons visually, they're still there, still function, but hidden @ the lower right frame of the screen and playlist guis.
-Addition of "close" buttons on the upper right side of the above 2 guis, visible when hovered.

This was done to improve appearance/balance of "electrix". Nothing was changed on "void" except for the above crash fix.

Sincerely,

black

Return to “Skins”