Winamp Skin limit the volume to 100% (instead of up to 200%)

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
MadlyMad
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Winamp Skin limit the volume to 100% (instead of up to 200%)

Postby MadlyMad » 13 Feb 2008 19:40

Hi

this is not a new issue, actually I am pretty sure the problem was always there

so it's simple :
with the default appearance, it works fine, the sound bar can go up to 200%
and when using Winamp skin (my default skin since years), the sound can't be higher than 100%

didn't try with other skins

it's not that important but it's an old issue so....

mastavic
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Winamp Skin limit the volume to 100% (instead of up to 200%)

Postby mastavic » 25 Apr 2008 01:52

Not here to help, unfortunately, but here to ask you a question regarding what you were talking about. How do you get the volume up to 200% with the default skin? Thanks.

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Postby Arite » 25 Apr 2008 02:22

Hi

this is not a new issue, actually I am pretty sure the problem was always there

so it's simple :
with the default appearance, it works fine, the sound bar can go up to 200%
and when using Winamp skin (my default skin since years), the sound can't be higher than 100%

didn't try with other skins

it's not that important but it's an old issue so....
You would probably need to modify the skin in order to do that. aLtgLasS wrote a VLC Skin Editor in Java:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/skineditor.php

However I am not sure how/if altering the volume limits can be done.
Not here to help, unfortunately, but here to ask you a question regarding what you were talking about. How do you get the volume up to 200% with the default skin? Thanks.
"100%" volume refers to the slider level of "Volume 50" - the default volume. The slider can be raised to ~100 (i.e. 200%) using the slider. It can be raised to a further 200 (400%) using the shortcut key "Crtl+Up" (and "Crtl+Down" to lower).

Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

mastavic
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mastavic » 25 Apr 2008 02:27

"100%" volume refers to the slider level of "Volume 50" - the default volume. The slider can be raised to ~100 (i.e. 200%) using the slider. It can be raised to a further 200 (400%) using the shortcut key "Crtl+Up" (and "Crtl+Down" to lower).

Arite.
Ah, I see; thank you very much, Arite. I tried it on several video files, and it seems as if I am unable to past the 212% mark (except for once when it showed 225% before it quickly dropped down to 212%). Do you know of any reasons for this? Thanks again!

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Postby Arite » 25 Apr 2008 02:43

By default skin do you refer to the default interface - i.e. wxWidgets (that was what I was talking about) or the defaults skins2 interface? The volume is not diapalyed in a % so not sure where you saw e.g. 225%, unless the default skin2 interface is displaying that.

If you need to volume to be at the maximum in the "Audio" section of the Preferences the volume can be raised to 1024 (where 256 = "Volume 50" = normal/100% volume).

Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

mastavic
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mastavic » 25 Apr 2008 03:24

By default skin do you refer to the default interface - i.e. wxWidgets (that was what I was talking about) or the defaults skins2 interface? The volume is not diapalyed in a % so not sure where you saw e.g. 225%, unless the default skin2 interface is displaying that.

If you need to volume to be at the maximum in the "Audio" section of the Preferences the volume can be raised to 1024 (where 256 = "Volume 50" = normal/100% volume).

Arite.
Thanks for the quick response. I was using VLC with the skin Blissta active, which was how I saw the volume displayed in percentages. I completely understand you now - thank you very much for the patience you've shown and the help you've provided.

MadlyMad
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MadlyMad » 18 Sep 2008 21:41

Wow, Should have Suscribe to this topic.

Thanks a lot arite, was on the way to ask how to edit a skin (to fix this specific issue), cause I tried to Unzip the .vlt like for a winamp but it didn't really work :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So I'll install this and try if I can fix this problem (and then post it here if it works)

:wink:

Return to “Skins”