Winamp Modern Skin doesn't work with video?

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
3ogdy
New Cone
New Cone

Winamp Modern Skin doesn't work with video?

Postby 3ogdy » 15 Oct 2016 16:41

Hi everyone,

I've just registered on the forums to start this thread hoping for some fix or workaround.
I've noticed the Winamp Modern Skin available for VLC so I applied it, restarted and voilà, it worked. Well, sort of.
Music plays, the playlist is there...but there is no video? Of course, if I right click on the skin ->Video->Fullscreen, the video takes up my entire screen, but double clicking on the video doesn't make the video window smaller, it makes it disappear completely.

Such complexity is annoying, since it takes a lot to even see what is supposed to appear automatically on the screen once the video is opened. Other skins do seem to have the small video window available and viewable.

Is there a workaround for the Winamp Modern skin that I might not be aware of?

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Winamp Modern Skin doesn't work with video?

Postby erwan10 » 16 Oct 2016 02:57

Most likely, no video frames were provisioned for this skin when it was designed. So the video part is just kept hidden in non-fullscreen mode.
The easy way to work around this problem is launch vlc with the --no-embedded-video parameter, or uncheck the "Embedded video" checkbox in Preferences => Video => All (fourth parameter). Unchecking this parameter allows to display a basic window for the video whatever the user interface.

nj3h-geo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby nj3h-geo » 29 Sep 2018 06:22

I can not find the screen to disable the embedded video. I am using Version 3.04. Please tell me where this checkbox is. There is no "ALL" option. I really would like to use the WinAmp skin, but I need to have video capability as well.

Thanks so much,
George

Necktwi
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Necktwi » 12 Oct 2019 06:45

Yeah winamp modern is hot. I will try to add video console for the skin. I'm a noob though: should study how to make skins for the vlc; all i knew I've to edit XML :).

mithrin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mithrin » 21 Nov 2019 18:55

I've been playing the skin for sometime for the same reasons VIDEO. I understand the XML code and found it a bit restrictive, but my worse enemy is the graphics. I can modify and adapt but not generate an original design. So play with this https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEENf6RMBIRlzeJaDB4uvlKNXas?e=LjwudG. I use it for now and periodically go back and play (edit).

Return to “Skins”