Aero-snap and skins

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
kuakeye
New Cone
New Cone

Aero-snap and skins

Postby kuakeye » 14 Jul 2013 20:41

Hello,
I am currently using the popular eDark VLC skin, but I have a question.
I just figured out how to keep a skin's window size constant no matter the size of the videos through this forum.
But it would be better if I could just use the popular Windows 7/8 Aero-snap feature for skinned versions of VLC player. Is there any way to enable this sort of thing?
By Aero-snap, I am referring to the feature of windows where you drag a window to the top to maximize (by the way, eDark cannot maximize its window without fullscreening, which is very annoying), drag a window to the left or right hand sides to create a 50/50 window. This was a very useful thing I did when I used WMP, but is nonexistant in VLC skinned. I know the native VLC has Aero-snap, but it looks so ugly!

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Aero-snap and skins

Postby erwan10 » 14 Jul 2013 21:22

The skins2 engine includes its own Window Manager. In other words, the skins2 engine doesn't rely on the OS Window Manager to perform things like moving a window, resizing a window or maximizing a window. So, the skins2 engine cannot easily benefit from all the fancy things that the OS offers like this aero-snap right out of the box. Somebody has to write code for that !

Return to “Skins”