Why do fullscreen controls not work with themes?

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
grahamf
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Why do fullscreen controls not work with themes?

Postby grahamf » 21 Dec 2012 03:07

Because Windows 8 tore out DVD playback without actually providing a decent third-party alternative (ideally metro), I've been using VLC.

VLC is fine, except I consider the default skin to look terrible. Unfortunately, it seems the default skin is the only one that properly supports full screen mode, which i consider a necessity. There's no button to open fullscreen mode (though pressing "f" works), and the skins don't have any fullscreen controls visible (but right click and keyboard controls work fine)

Is there any way to get fullscreen controls to work? unless I just downloaded a bad skin. i tried Windows Media player 12 and WMP12, and i like that style the best.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Why do fullscreen controls not work with themes?

Postby erwan10 » 21 Dec 2012 10:39

The skins2 engine has been offering the possibility to design a skinable fullscreen controller for some time. By default, there is no fullscreen controller in skin mode.

Most likely, the skins you mention don't provide this feature, because they were designed long ago. It's just a matter of somebody volunteering to maintain these skins.

grahamf
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby grahamf » 22 Dec 2012 09:26

Ok, then would you by any chance know which skins do support it? preferably one with an unobtrusive theme that blends into Windows 8?

I got the skins from the package at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/skins.php and obviously those don't work.

I know I'm being picky and I'm sorry.

Kirk D'Enterprise
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Kirk D'Enterprise » 10 Mar 2014 19:22

MindyHSmith
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MindyHSmith » 03 Sep 2014 07:31

Same case is here......
I checked your link but not working, I can see control only in blur :(

Return to “Skins”