Slick Iphone Skin (Update 1.4) Full Screen Controls

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Slick Iphone Skin (Update 1.4) Full Screen Controls

Postby stunner » 07 Jul 2010 23:56

This is very nice skin and the information given by you here for the skin updater is very informative and very useful for me to know more about this skin. I read all the instruction and it gives a perfect and to the point information for this skin.
Glad to hear! Enjoy the skin! :D

judas black
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby judas black » 30 Jul 2010 11:54

[quote="stunner"][/quote]
wow
it's amazing

but i can't not still drag the srt inside the skin :(
VLC is the best media player ever made

whismerhill
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby whismerhill » 18 Aug 2010 00:29

hi, I like your skin however I found out that if you click exactly in the middle of the PAUSE button between the two white bars then the click does nothing
so it means one needs to aim for one of the two white bars...
And since it's my habit to generally aim for the rough middle of a button in almost all applications I know, I tend to find this a tad disturbing.

thanks for listening.
PS: even though one can hide full screen controls manually, I hope VLC devs will add auto-hide functionality to skins sooner rather than later ...

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 08 Sep 2010 09:58

There is no support for partial transparency yet so I can't do much about it!

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 08 Sep 2010 11:59

There is no support for partial transparency yet so I can't do much about it!
Why not have a fully opaque button ?

I figure out parts of the bitmap are transparent in one way or another (either the png file has some parts set to alpha = 0 or a given color is set via the 'alphacolor' tag to represent transparency). That's why the mouse events are transmitted to the underlying control. If you want to remedy this, just ensure the control is fully opaque (no alpha to 0 in the png file and ensure 'alphacolor' doesn't represent a color used in the bitmap)

voodoomonkey
New Cone
New Cone

Postby voodoomonkey » 15 Sep 2010 22:20

Fantastic skin. I learned a lot for my own skin by looking at yours. One thing I did not manage to resolve with my skin is the graphical bug which I get when I am in fullsreen. The background of the fullscreenController and its buttons show artifacts of the movie which is playing when I move the Controller around the window. How did you manage to circumvent that ?

Sparda
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Sparda » 17 Dec 2010 23:07

Hello sorry bothering at kindof not exactly the right spot but u see im female, know nothing bout programming yet, i tryed tollowing the tutorial, i did but the guy didnt finish it and its been 2 years since he did the tutorial....im completly lost and super annoyed because i tryed then to just change the looks of any other random skin since i couldnt do the code myself anymore (yeah im that ignorant) and couldnt find a single skin that DID behave the way i like wich is the default looks of VLC. Some skins were nice but when i put them in fullview i couldnt foward or go backwards using a bar that floats on default vlc, i checked nearly all skins avaiable, none had that feature so im here asking for a help in how to do my own skin that behaves exactly like default vlc wich IS USEFUL and where i can change just a little of it, buttons looks and the wall in average, thats all and its suppose to be simple.

Please someone?

Return to “Skins”