Specify size from command line

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
jared1999
New Cone
New Cone

Specify size from command line

Postby jared1999 » 25 Aug 2006 09:28

I have a setup where VLC is launched by another application at a fixed position and size, so the skin needs to have a static size. The skin has been created so that it is resizable, and the launching application sometimes needs to change the position and size. The thing is, using --width and --height just crops the skin.

Is there currently a method to make the skinned window resize itself from the command line?

If not, maybe I should make a feature request for an option to send a resize message to the window from the command line.

ipkiss
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby ipkiss » 25 Aug 2006 18:41

It is not possible to change the position of the skin after it VLC has been started. However, with the current development version (http://nightlies.videolan.org/) it is possible to specify the layout and its size from the command-line, using the --skins2-config option (beware that the format of the option has changed since the last release).

jared1999
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jared1999 » 25 Aug 2006 23:24

Changing position after VLC has been started isn't a big issue for me. The --skins2-config option sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, I'll test the nightly build. Thanks for the info!

Return to “Skins”