skins2 request

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
Asim
Cone that earned his stripes

skins2 request

Postby Asim » 22 Apr 2006 11:35

i know this might not be the appropriate topic... but as it is related to skins... here we go:

q1: how soon will we be able to have alpha transparency workin for skins??

q2: is it possible to have a "center" positioning... (some of the skins im workin on require having buttons etc positioned in the middle... but when resizing... it all gets screwed up)

--------------------------------------

edit:
it seems that when setting width="0" for text... the text dissapears (on the contrary.. in the docs it says it will "automatically adjust width"... waddup?? ive seen this prob for a while.. just remembered bout it today...

- Asim

ipkiss
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby ipkiss » 22 Apr 2006 16:37

q1: how soon will we be able to have alpha transparency workin for skins??
In the preferences, in Interface --> General --> Skins, you can check "Enable transparency effect". The behaviour is controlled by the Theme.alpha and Theme.movealpha parameters of the skin (cf. documentation). "movealpha" works rather well, but if "alpha" is set to a value lower than 255, resizing really sucks, and I don't know how to fix it. That's why the option is disabled by default in the preferences, to ignore the actual values of "movealpha and "alpha".
(Note that it only works on Windows).
Edit: well, trying that again on the default skin, it's not so much horrible. Please test it and report the issues, if everyone is fine with it it could be enabled again, and we might also provide a way to force the alpha value of a skin...
q2: is it possible to have a "center" positioning... (some of the skins im workin on require having buttons etc positioned in the middle... but when resizing... it all gets screwed up)
If you don't mind that your controls are resized, you can have use topleft and rightbottom to stick the left side of the control to the left side of the window, and the same for the right side.
There is currently no solution if you want your control to be centered and also want it not to resize with the window. We might add another attribute for that, but we need to find an expressive and powerful way to do that (adding a "center" attribute is not nice, what if you want to put your control at 1 third of the window width?)...

Asim

Postby Asim » 23 Apr 2006 02:38

hmm... better reword that... what i mean is... "semi-transparent" PNGs...

another question:

is it possible to add another text variable for displaying bitrate of video output? e.g. $K

another thing: under windows... for <video />... visible="vlc.hasVout" doesnt seem to work... it always shows the black video output anyway fix it up?

- Asim

Asim

Postby Asim » 24 Apr 2006 13:54

hmmph... still waiting... :?

3breadt
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: Win7 Pro / OS X 10.7

Postby 3breadt » 24 Apr 2006 15:30

video is not hideable as it seems
-- 3breadt (aka altglass)

Asim

Postby Asim » 25 Apr 2006 08:03

video is hideable :D

this is the reason why i've been asking for some of these features:

http://rapidshare.de/files/18875949/bli ... d.jpg.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/18876121/bli ... 2.jpg.html

its nowhere near 100% done... more like 50%... but hey... work is still in progress ;)

and in this theme... anything that looks clickable... IS clickable and does do something ;)

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 25 Apr 2006 18:42

Another great skin it seems... i can't wait for the skin design contest to begin.
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

3breadt
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: Win7 Pro / OS X 10.7

Postby 3breadt » 26 Apr 2006 07:37

Can't wait for alpha blending so I can release my Vista Skin. :D
Nice work, @$im!

@dionoea: I thought Skins using designs that are not self-invented are not allowed for Default Skins? And this is also leaned upon the WMP11 Skin.
-- 3breadt (aka altglass)

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 26 Apr 2006 11:44

@dionoea: I thought Skins using designs that are not self-invented are not allowed for Default Skins? And this is also leaned upon the WMP11 Skin.
You're right ... but that doesn't mean that people won't come up with original designs that look just as good :)
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

Asim

Postby Asim » 27 Apr 2006 11:23

Nice work, @$im!
thx... :D

I thought Skins using designs that are not self-invented are not allowed for Default Skins? And this is also leaned upon the WMP11 Skin.
oh dont you worry... after all it will be the end-user who decides which skin will be his/her default :P

Return to “Skins”