feature request : a skin browser

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
xanax

feature request : a skin browser

Postby xanax » 11 Jan 2006 19:25

Hi.

At the moment, there is only a few skins available for VLC. But soon, there could be much more, that's why I would like to know what you think about a "skin browser window" like this one :

The screenshot (on the top-left) would be taken from the image file "screenshot.png" in the .vlt skin.

Why "screenshot.png" and not "background.png" which is already available? Because the background of a skin can differ a
lot from the real look of the skin (example : the background may not have buttons or sliders.. at all).

Misc informations (at the bottom-left) would come from this line (in the theme.xml file) :

Code: Select all

<ThemeInfo name="Navaga-green" author="xanax`" email="unknown00@caramail.com" webpage="http://www.videolan.org" />
But to match my screenshot, in the end the ThemeInfo should contain all these informations :

Code: Select all

<ThemeInfo name="Navaga-green" author="xanax`" skinversion="1.0" email="unknown00@caramail.com" webpage="http://www.videolan.org" screenshot="images/screenshot.png" />
What do you think of this idea ?
I think it will become useful if more and more skins are going to be created in the future.

Or this right-click context-menu will soon be huge (filled of skins, from the top of the screen to the bottom) :

See you.

AsMaX
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby AsMaX » 11 Jan 2006 21:57

Yes I like the screenshot.png, it would be useful for a real skin repository on the web anyway.
The skin browser is a good idea, but technically it implies a strong interaction between the skins2 and wxWidget plugins, we have to think about how to do that...

xanax

Postby xanax » 01 Mar 2006 12:01

I hope you'll succeed in finding :)

tonsofpcs

Postby tonsofpcs » 02 Mar 2006 21:19

Well the skin browser could be a skinned interface that is the same for all and just looks like 'normal' buttons ;)

zorglub

Postby zorglub » 04 Apr 2006 11:18

Zorglub
Clément Stenac

Return to “Skins”