vlc.isVideo...?

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
tvtalkshowshigh
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

vlc.isVideo...?

Postby tvtalkshowshigh » 25 Mar 2006 11:20

is there any chance we could have a boolean expression to determine if video is playing? i'm using the Video control but when audio files are playing i have a black box (the Video control) on the skin. I'd like to have an image behind this which would be seen when just audio is playing.

thanks,

mark.

AsMaX
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby AsMaX » 25 Mar 2006 17:53

Hi,
I've just added such a variable: it is "vlc.hasVout".
I guess it will please Xanax too ;)

tvtalkshowshigh
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby tvtalkshowshigh » 25 Mar 2006 21:06

and this is why i love open source, particularly videolan... you ask for something and you get it - normally within hours!!!

THANK YOU AsMaX!!! :D

tvtalkshowshigh
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby tvtalkshowshigh » 26 Mar 2006 20:16

I just tried the new vlc.hasVout function - it sort of works perfectly but VLC doesn't seem to be refreshing the skin properly. The first time (since launching vlc) it comes to switch the visibility it always works, but if the state then changes (skipping tracks for instance) it can become unpredictable.

If you move another window on top of where the video control would be and then move it away again, it reveals the video control (a black box). The video control;'s visibility will update when you change track.

Sometimes the video control will not appear even though the track is playing and skipping back and forth on tracks doesn't update the visibility. A fix for this is to force a refresh by dragging another window over the top of where the video control should be.

is this a known bug with the Video control...?

i'm going to try it on another system (different graphics card) in a minute and i'll post again. I'm using windows xp btw with a GeForce4 MX 440.

mark.

Return to “Skins”