Skins limiting function

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
fredphoesh
New Cone
New Cone

Skins limiting function

Postby fredphoesh » 15 Dec 2017 15:50

Hello all,

I've used VLC for years, love it, but would like to look at something a bit prettier than the default bland windows 95 grey etc... so I downloaded all the skins from the vlc site and found that almost all of them do not allow the player window to be shrunk down to remove the video window (while playing audio files). I also noticed that none of the skins I tried (about 10) were compatible with pressing CTRL-L to open the playlist window.

Is this a known limitation with the way skins work?

Ideally I would like to simply darken the interface, keep it very plain, and have white or very light text on the dark grey interface. I looked to see if Customise Interface would allow changes in colour but alas, it is just for moving buttons.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks,

Mark.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Skins limiting function

Postby erwan10 » 15 Dec 2017 21:04

Hi,

I'm not sure what shrunk down means here. Actually, the video within skins are a lot what designers decided it to be. They can implement or not resizing, hiding, maximizing, fullscreen in a single window or multiple windows.

As for key accelerators (the Ctrl-something that you find advertized in the popup menu), they are implemented in the upcoming vlc3.0

Return to “Skins”