Video frame dissapears after VLC 2.2 Update

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
Maverick07x
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Video frame dissapears after VLC 2.2 Update

Postby Maverick07x » 28 Apr 2015 00:50

Hey guys,
well, i have a small issue with my current skins since the Update on VLC 2.2.

My both skins - MetroX and MinimalX - work with different "Video id" variables. Means when you click onto the menu button, the smaller varible changes from lets say menu_off to menu_on.
Those varibles i also use for the "Video id" to resize the video frame next to the menu bar.
But since 2.2 that does not work anymore. The video appears in the beginning, but as soon as you press the menu button the frame dissapears.
The same thing goes to the "cinema mode" or lets say borders only. Once i click on it, the video dissapears

http://maverick07x.deviantart.com/art/V ... -345256054
http://maverick07x.deviantart.com/art/V ... -385698882

Any ideas?

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Video frame dissapears after VLC 2.2 Update

Postby erwan10 » 28 Apr 2015 16:58

Hello,

The skins you provided did show two issues. Both of them are bugs.

First issue, a wrong video control may be selected when vlc.hasVout() is used in the condition expression for visibility. This bug was already present in vlc2.1. I guess that is why you removed the 'and' keyword before vlc.hasVout(). This leads to a syntax error, but actually this proved to be a workaround !

Second issue, a regression was introduced in vlc2.2 while correcting another bug. This bug also deal with video control selection, and accounts for the video not showing up in the "cinema mode" that you talked about.

Both issues should now be fixed. A nightly build for vlc2.2 should be available as soon as tomorrow.

Maverick07x
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Maverick07x » 06 May 2015 12:49

Okay these were great news.

I updated the player to the 2.2.1 and the issue with the menu had gone - still the cinema mode of both skins didn't worked properly.
I had to update the skins by dragging the codes from the Cinema Layout into the Main Layout and now it works. So it seems that it still has a issue when i switch from one Layout (Frame) to another.
However it should work this way now, even if i prefer the version before because the coding is more clear.

To the issue with the vlc.hasVout() - i don't know where that came from. Seems like i haven't deleted it out, but in the current version i took them all out as they are not necessary.

Thanks so far :)

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 06 May 2015 20:59

Yes, vlc2.2.1 is the official current release and it still have the bugs that you described.
Only the upcoming vlc2.2.2 (not yet released) should fix these bugs.
If you wish to test it, vlc2.2.2 is rebuilt every night and can be downloaded for instance here :
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win ... -win32.exe

Maverick07x
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Maverick07x » 19 May 2015 13:06

Thank you.
I have tested it with the 2.2.2 version and it works as good as on the version before.

Well i used the updated version of my skin as i changed a couple of things and i don't wanted to change the coding back to the one with multiple Layouts (Frames) - even if the version before is more "tidy"

Return to “Skins”