Skin resizing

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
drewkeller
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Skin resizing

Postby drewkeller » 08 Jan 2014 15:07

Is there really no resizeN, resizeNW, and resizeW? Seems odd. A few times, the VLC window has become bigger than my screen and I only have to top left corner to work with.

Maverick07x
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Skin resizing

Postby Maverick07x » 13 May 2014 00:52

I got the same problem.
Just want to use a topborder + video frame
so its only possible to resize on the top - with the resizeSE its really tricky, and does not work well

Sadly, still noone answered yet =/

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 14 May 2014 00:16

The skins2 resizing mechanism was designed this way a long long time ago. Changing it now is not trivial at all.

Actually, this usually gets annoying when a video is too big and the window gets enlarged far beyond the limit of the screen, making it impossible to grab the bottom-right handle for resizing.

Here is what you can do :

- if the video is still running, just keep on pressing ctrl-Z till you get a zooming factor that makes the window regain a reasonable size.
- if you definitively wish to deactivate this automatic video resizing, there is a --no-qt-video-autoresize parameter that works for both Qt and skin2. Alternatively, you can also turn it off in the theme.xml file for a given skin if you are familiar with skins development.

Hope this helps !

codilx
New Cone
New Cone

Postby codilx » 17 Jan 2016 17:49

Why aren't N and W directions implemented yet? As far as I understand the developers just for some reason thought that having the right bottom corner as resize area is enough https://www.videolan.org/vlc/skinedhlp/ ... ml#actions

Caedus
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Caedus » 21 Sep 2022 08:35

I come from the future, VLC still the best player, but still has this problem, be strong.

Return to “Skins”