Text Size Option Please?

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
Lucifer66
New Cone
New Cone

Text Size Option Please?

Postby Lucifer66 » 17 Apr 2013 04:06

Would you please consider putting in an option to be able to format text size when making a skin?
Like when you make a text for like $T or $V% on the skin. It would be really nice if I could make it
a specific size to fit my skin. I have tried different types of font and while I can use bold or italic
fonts, they are still the same small hard to read size.

I'm getting kinda old and my eyesight isn't what it used to be so I'm trying to make a skin I can see
a little better. I'm blind in one eye and colorblind so I'm making a large skin with dark backgrounds,
clearly marked big buttons and such. I have it all working, but the small font is driving me crazy.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Text Size Option Please?

Postby erwan10 » 17 Apr 2013 13:41

You should be able to set the size of TrueType fonts. See http://www.videolan.org/vlc/skins2-create.html#Font

Lucifer66
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Lucifer66 » 17 Apr 2013 13:52

I'm sorry, I don't see the option in the editor's Text Settings for size. There is only Font, Color, Width, Alignment, and Scrolling.
Where do you set the size at?

Lucifer66
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Lucifer66 » 17 Apr 2013 14:04

OK I found it now, You have to click on the font in the resources window. Not the obvious place I would have looked for it...in Text Settings...lol
Nor does it allow you to size individual text. Maybe you guys could add that in the future?

Return to “Skins”