Help with new skin

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
sjono10
New Cone
New Cone

Help with new skin

Postby sjono10 » 05 Aug 2012 16:41

Hi. I am new to skin editing. I am trying to create a skin like Quicktime X. I was wondering about a few things. I have a problem where when vlc is launched, everything is fine, but once I add a video to it the video shows up in front of the controls. Is it possible a) to have the video show up behind the controls and b) to have the controls show up out of full screen only when the cursor is moved, so, hidden otherwise. I was wondering if this was possible with a boolean but I could not find anything on the help pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Help with new skin

Postby erwan10 » 06 Aug 2012 03:06

a) it is **not** possible. In windowed mode, controls cannot be displayed on top of a video. This is a skins2 limitation.

b) It is possible. In fullscreen mode, the fullscreen controller appears on mouse move and disappears after a timeout if the mouse pointer is placed outside the controller. This is the default behaviour. This fullscreen controller also supports transparency and fading out if the OS(Windows Manager) supports them.

sjono10
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sjono10 » 06 Aug 2012 10:23

Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry for my ignorance but what defines it as skins2? Is there a skins1?

OCE
New Cone
New Cone

Postby OCE » 01 Sep 2012 00:58

Name this window (which will be with fullscreen mode) "fullscreenController". Like this:

Code: Select all

<Window id="fullscreenController"> <Layout id="" width="" height=""> ... </Layout> </Window>
It will be semitransparent on top of video, while mouse has activity.

Return to “Skins”