I made my first skin

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
rtjwilde
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

I made my first skin

Postby rtjwilde » 29 Mar 2010 23:22

I made my first skin and uploaded it to the VLC skins page but thought maybe posting a preview here would be good and offer it for sharing and critique testing etc. on the forum.

Made with the latest version of the VLC skin editor on Windows XP SP3 platform.

I have to say I'm about 2 weeks new to the VLC player and instantly fell in love with the VLC Media Player. But when I learned about the VLC skin editor and after checking it out I was blown away. I think it's the best utility to I have ever used. I had always avoided getting into making skins for other apps because of the old process just sucked. Even with mediocre skills it still sucked. Not any more. Anyway here is a preview and download link for the VLT file in a zipped windows file.

I'm actually still in the final stages for this skin. The design included a mini player skin for audio that is underway right now.

Preview is slightly cropped by forum settings but still enough to display the overall appearance.

VLC Media Player Skin "Blue Steel"
Last edited by rtjwilde on 30 Mar 2010 04:26, edited 1 time in total.

rtjwilde
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: I made my first skin

Postby rtjwilde » 29 Mar 2010 23:29

Also everyone has the right to use it as referencing and making other versions. Moving buttons around etc. Some changes will be more difficult even requiring the use of your preferred image editor.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 Mar 2010 11:13

Nice new skin.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

rtjwilde
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby rtjwilde » 30 Mar 2010 23:07

Nice new skin.
Thanks, I'm working on the mini for that skin right now.

Should be looking for a job but jobs in California are becoming ever so slowly extinct. Oh well.

alairauston
New Cone
New Cone

Postby alairauston » 07 Jul 2010 20:15

This is very nice job done by you dude.I really like your work here.Because this is skin is very difficult to made for the VLC player I think that's why I am very appreciate from your work.And the skin made by you here in the black theme is looking very nice and fantastic.

sophia456
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sophia456 » 17 Jul 2010 09:59

thank you to let me have right to use it as referencing and making other versions.

Return to “Skins”