Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Slick Iphone Skin (Update 1.4) Full Screen Controls

Postby stunner » 05 Apr 2010 05:50

You can download the skin at either VLC skins page or Click Here
--------------------------------------------------------------
Update 1.4
  • * Fixed the full-screen issues. (VLC 1.1 required for full screen functionality to work)
    * Made darker color for playlist skin.
    * Changed the initial launch position of full screen control to top left corner.
Update 1.3
  • * Playlist skin added.
    * Added an overlay to the time slider so it looks cooler now.
    * Fixed the Next and Previous button. Now You can play next or previous songs as well as work as next or previous chapter on a DVD.
    * Added anchor points to the skin, so all the windows (Main window and Playlist) can be moved at the same time by sticking it with each other.
Update 1.2
  • * Full Screen controls now available. (In order for them to work, you will either have to get nightly build of vlc or you can wait for the new version of vlc to come out.)
    * Completely revamped the background and the edges to give it a more stylish look.
    * Changed the style of the Windows Control buttons (Close, Maximize, Minimize, OnTop).
    * Changed the look of Playlist button and Full-screen button to be more in sync with Iphone style.
    * Added a Settings Button.
    * Fixed the Eject button.
    * Removed rewind and forward buttons because they seemed unnecessary on the default layout since time slider is present.
    * Skinned Playlist is on the way in the next update (1.3) Coming next week.
Update 1.1
  • * Change colors of the buttons on the top right corner for closing, minimizing, maximizing, and on Top to make it more visible.
    * Change the font for the display of time and title of the song.
    * VLC will now open on the left top corner. Since you can only re-size vlc window from right side of the window, it makes sense to have it open up there.
Last edited by stunner on 01 Jul 2010 10:19, edited 8 times in total.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Slick Iphone Skin (Released)

Postby erwan10 » 05 Apr 2010 09:45

Hi,

very nice skins.

In the next major release (vlc1.1, already available as nightly builds), you do have the possibility to have a fullscreen controller. This is just one more skinned window (<Window> tag) with id="fullscreenController" in theme.xml. This window is processed sightly differently by the skins engine in the sense that it is only available in fullscreen mode.
Activation/Deactivation is triggered either by the 'i' hotkey or the mouse middle click.

Erwan10

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 05 Apr 2010 10:46

Thank you for the reply erwan10. Where can I get the nightly build (and what is nightly build)? Also, does the new build have transparency option for the skin only?
I know that there is an option for transparency in current version, but it even makes video transparent so its not useful, unless I am doing something wrong.

Maunil

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 05 Apr 2010 11:55

Where can I get the nightly build (and what is nightly build)?
nightly builds are builds from the vlc dev repositories usually generated on a daily basis for test purpose.
(http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/)
- branch refers to the current release (vlc.1.0.x)
- trunk refers to the next major release (vlc1.1 intended to be released soon).

vlc1.1 is already fairly stable when it comes to skins engine

Also, does the new build have transparency option for the skin only?
I know that there is an option for transparency in current version, but it even makes video transparent so its not useful, unless I am doing something wrong.
No, at the window level, transparency with respect to the background is managed globally. Currently, there is no means to use partial transparency at this level.

Within a window, semi-transparency is sometimes available when a control overlaps another control, depending on the type of control. Yet again, no transparency is done with respect to the background.

Erwan10

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 05 Apr 2010 20:17

Awesome man. I just tested the full screen controller and it works like charm. when are you guys releasing vlc 1.1?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 06 Apr 2010 15:14

Very very nice skin!
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

judas black
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby judas black » 06 Apr 2010 19:00

Hey everyone,

I just submitted my first VLC Player skin, which I have been working on for couple of weeks. Below is the preview of what it looks like. I was actually meaning to have transparency in the skin but I don't think VLC skin editor for windows currently supports that feature, but hopefully they will support it in the future. I also hoping they will support full screen controls for skins in future. I will add playlist in coming days as well as maybe few more buttons to make everything easily accessible form the main window, when I get some time but for now enjoy this skin and let me know if you have any questions. Also, any suggestions are welcome :wink:

great and awesome skin
but in full view i haven't the bar to go forward or backward
in full view i have nothing ... well the video yes :)

i don't know why ,in mormal mode i can't drag subtitles srt to the vlc , it tried to open like a video file :shock:

thanks
VLC is the best media player ever made

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 06 Apr 2010 19:24

great and awesome skin

i don't know why ,in mormal mode i can't drag subtitles srt to the vlc , it tried to open like a video file :shock:

thanks
Current VLC player does not support bar in full screen for skins, it is going to be implemented in the new version of vlc (1.1). As soon as they release VLC 1.1, I will have full screen controls.
For subtitles, you can just name the subtitle file as same name as the video file, and it will start playing when you play the video. :D

judas black
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby judas black » 17 Apr 2010 17:52

great and awesome skin

thanks
Current VLC player does not support bar in full screen for skins, it is going to be implemented in the new version of vlc (1.1). As soon as they release VLC 1.1, I will have full screen controls.
For subtitles, you can just name the subtitle file as same name as the video file, and it will start playing when you play the video. :D
thank!
For subtitles, you can just name the subtitle file as same name as the video file, and it will start playing when you play the video.
it's sad i can drag & drop
it works drag & drop but without skin
ur skin really rock
VLC is the best media player ever made

Spyme
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 1.1.7 Win32 / 1.2.0
Operating System: Win7 64

Re: Slick Iphone Skin (Minor Update 1.1)

Postby Spyme » 22 Apr 2010 07:38

Hi.

And what about the Iphone?
Try the Advantage.VLC:Sky Skin.

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 22 Apr 2010 07:42

Hi.

And what about the Iphone?
What do you mean?

Spyme
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Spyme » 27 Apr 2010 23:37

I mean, why is it called "Iphone Skin". Cant see anything of it, no UI Guidelines nor the Iphone :)
So i'm wondering about the name. But unless of this, i like the simplicity of your skin.

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 28 Apr 2010 03:06

I mean, why is it called "Iphone Skin". Cant see anything of it, no UI Guidelines nor the Iphone :)
So i'm wondering about the name. But unless of this, i like the simplicity of your skin.
The player controls are replica of what you see in Iphone or Itouch, when you play music. It's not meant to look like an actual Iphone. Sorry if that misled you. New updates are on their way btw.. look out. :)

Spyme
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Spyme » 28 Apr 2010 15:21

The Triangle on the Eject Button isn´t centered to it´s bar )it´s about 1 or 2 pixels to the left). And maybe you can center the controls on the video window too? But thats critque on high level :)

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 04 May 2010 08:31

The Triangle on the Eject Button isn´t centered to it´s bar )it´s about 1 or 2 pixels to the left). And maybe you can center the controls on the video window too? But thats critque on high level :)
Fixed the Eject button in the update 1.2. Also implemented full screen controls.

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Slick Iphone Skin (Update 1.3) skinned playlist

Postby stunner » 19 May 2010 10:00

skinned playlist now available.

JLJL
New Cone
New Cone

Postby JLJL » 20 May 2010 09:42

Hello,

Thanks for this nice skin.

Just one question : when I'm in full screen mode, how can I get automatically the small navigation bar (play, stop, sliding bar, etc.) at the bottom of the screen, disappearing automatically and reappearing when I move my mouse (like the default VLC skin does) ?

Thanks

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 20 May 2010 19:00

Hello,

Thanks for this nice skin.

Just one question : when I'm in full screen mode, how can I get automatically the small navigation bar (play, stop, sliding bar, etc.) at the bottom of the screen, disappearing automatically and reappearing when I move my mouse (like the default VLC skin does) ?

Thanks
Currently VLC skin editor does not support auto hide navigation bar in the skins, so you will have to use either middle click on the mouse to show/hide full screen controls or press the "i" hot key.

JLJL
New Cone
New Cone

Postby JLJL » 21 May 2010 09:55

Thanks for your kind answer, Stunner

it seems that version 1.1 will allow autohide navigation bar, as I read on this site.

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 21 May 2010 19:32

Thanks for your kind answer, Stunner

it seems that version 1.1 will allow autohide navigation bar, as I read on this site.
Yes, they might implement auto hide feature in the next version of VLC.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 21 May 2010 21:10

Yes, they might implement auto hide feature in the next version of VLC.
Yes, I think it is a good thing to add. But, it won't come for vlc1.1. At best, it could come for vlc1.2 ....

Erwan10

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Slick Iphone Skin (Update 1.4) Full Screen Controls

Postby stunner » 01 Jul 2010 10:20

Just a minor update in the skin. Full Screen Controls work great with VLC 1.1.

MichaelK
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MichaelK » 04 Jul 2010 01:27

I just tried your update in 1.1 and multi monitor --- still only displays full screen view on main monitor only. sorry

stunner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stunner » 04 Jul 2010 05:03

I
I just tried your update in 1.1 and multi monitor --- still only displays full screen view on main monitor only. sorry
sry, but i can't do anything about that. VLC is still in developing stage and it will take while before all the functionality is implemented.

alairauston
New Cone
New Cone

Postby alairauston » 07 Jul 2010 20:04

This is very nice skin and the information given by you here for the skin updater is very informative and very useful for me to know more about this skin. I read all the instruction and it gives a perfect and to the point information for this skin.

Return to “Skins”