Skin with playlist fully featured??

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
elAfiliado
New Cone
New Cone

Skin with playlist fully featured??

Postby elAfiliado » 29 Jul 2009 02:56

Hi, I've been trying different skins, but any skin had the playlist with all the options that original vlc has, I mean the possibility of adding :
___ ID, Artist , Genre, Track or Description ___

to the list, which comes by default with:
___title, Duration, Album ___

Does somewho knows if there is such a skin? I've been searching in the topics and didn't find anything.

VLC is great. Thanks, and sorry for my english.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Skin with playlist fully featured??

Postby erwan10 » 29 Jul 2009 16:46

A few remarks :
- A few skins use the default playlist provided by qt4 that you describe (I don't remember which ones)
- A parameter --[no]-skinned-playlist should allow you to choose the playlist you wish (seems broken, right now)
- When an item is being played, you still have access to the information panel (CTRL-I or right-click mouse / Interface /Media Information )

Erwan10

3breadt
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: Win7 Pro / OS X 10.7

Postby 3breadt » 30 Jul 2009 12:22

Other than that skins cannot implement such a playlist, they could just provide, as erwan pointed out, the playlist window available in the default interface.
-- 3breadt (aka altglass)

elAfiliado
New Cone
New Cone

Postby elAfiliado » 31 Jul 2009 16:16

Thanks for the information, I didn't know about qt4 and wx. Now I do a bit more :)
Also I've been searching for that qt4 based skins, but I did'nt find yet at web which are wx and wich qt4, so I'll have to try them one by one in the sparetime. I'll let you know which I've found. (I hope this weekend to have some time! ;) )

3breadt
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: Win7 Pro / OS X 10.7

Postby 3breadt » 02 Aug 2009 12:51

wx and qt4 aren't skins or a "basis" for skins. wxWidgets is the default, native interface of VLC up to 0.9 and QT4 is the native interface since 0.9. The skins system is a separated interface, but which of course makes a certain use of qt4 elements, e.g when displaying the context menus or any other native controls. But skins have no effect on how these elements are used, the use of them is hardcoded into VLC.
-- 3breadt (aka altglass)

Return to “Skins”