Move for <video> tag?

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
larzan
New Cone
New Cone

Move for <video> tag?

Postby larzan » 15 Jun 2009 21:07

Is it possible to enable the moving of the player through the video window?

I tried the move="true" attribute, but it seems not to be possible for the
video window. Is this due to some fault on my side, or is it just not
possible to do that and also not something one can achieve in any other way?
=================
http://www.betonesel.net
=================

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Move for <video> tag?

Postby erwan10 » 15 Jun 2009 22:25

A video control (video tag) cannot be used to move the window to which it belongs. Only image controls have got a 'action' parameter that can be set to 'move' to move their window.

Erwan10

resuehna
New Cone
New Cone

Postby resuehna » 09 Feb 2010 16:31

I came across this thread while looking for a way to move the player window by clicking on and dragging the video. Since I like this feature a lot and do it frequently while using other players, I was hoping there's a way to do this in VLC, too. Ideally, with the default Qt Interface (I don't care about skins all that much) but if it took a skin for this to work, I guess that'd be ok as well.
A video control (video tag) cannot be used to move the window to which it belongs. Only image controls have got a 'action' parameter that can be set to 'move' to move their window.
Erwan10
I'm guessing this is still the case? Why? Would be the easiest "solution" ;)
Or could one use some kind of transparent image that fits above the video control and is set to "move"?

P.S. Hope I didn't overlook a switch in the Preferences for the default interface, and it's already possible after all ;)

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 10 Feb 2010 10:36

Well, it can be possible, but it is not straightforward.

Actually, I have got such a skin that can move and resize a video control (90% upper left for move, 10% bottom and right for resize).

This skin does use image tags behind the video tag to position the move and resize areas.
If no video is launched, it works very fine.

If a video is launched, mouse is caught at the vlc core level by default. So It also needs mouse deactivation at the vlc core level (--vout-event=3 in vlc1.0, --no-mouse-events in vlc1.1) . These parameters are available only on Linux for now. A patch exists for Windows.

Erwan10

Return to “Skins”