New Action in Skin

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
wjonat
New Cone
New Cone

New Action in Skin

Postby wjonat » 12 Dec 2007 09:30

I am trying to write a new skin including some buttons to control a server over internet by telnet.
Is it possible to add new buttons into the skin wich do have some not yet included functions/actions? Is it possible to include some new actionas into the skin editor??

Thanks for any help.
Max2621

ipkiss
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Re: New Action in Skin

Postby ipkiss » 12 Dec 2007 09:44

Only the predefined actions can be understood by VLC (whether or not you had custmo actions in the skin editor won't change anything).
So you have to change slightly the code in the skins interface to add your actions (it's not very difficult, but still requires coding and compiling...)

wjonat
New Cone
New Cone

Postby wjonat » 13 Dec 2007 12:30

Dear ipkiss,

thanks for the quick response. If I get you right I do have to change the code of my new skin. This is not possible by using the skin editor.
If it is not too complex, is it possible to give a short example for including telnet into the skin? Of course it would be more than helpfull.

My system is the followin: A server using tsreader to get the stream from my tv card.TSREADER itself than uses VLC to stream by http to any other client.
The client uses of course VLC to read the stream. To cange the channel within TSreader the client can use telenet. These telnet arguments I would like to include into the VLC client skin.
Once again thanks for your quick response.

ipkiss
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby ipkiss » 14 Dec 2007 10:25

thanks for the quick response. If I get you right I do have to change the code of my new skin.
You have to change the code of your skin (this is trivial), but more importantly you also have to change the code of VLC which interprets the skins!
User-defined actions are not supported at the moment, so every new action must be "hardcoded" in VLC as well...

Return to “Skins”