Maximise Issue Using Skin On Multiple Monitors

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
frankspooner
New Cone
New Cone

Maximise Issue Using Skin On Multiple Monitors

Postby frankspooner » 17 Feb 2012 07:21

I am running VLC on a system that has two monitors. The main monitor has a resolution of 1920x1200 and the secondary has a resolution of 1680 x 1050.

If I do *NOT* use a skin for VLC, when I maximise the application on monitor 2, it does as I would expect and fills the display. However, if I use VLC *WITH* a skin, if I maximise the application on monitor 2, the application maximises on monitor 1. So it is moving to the other monitor on maximise. If I then restore VLC, it moves from the maximised state on monitor 1, back to monitor 2 in the restored state.

Is this a bug ?

Regards.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Maximise Issue Using Skin On Multiple Monitors

Postby erwan10 » 17 Feb 2012 12:03

Yes, it can be seen as a bug.

From vlc2.x on, skins2 has been enhanced to take multiple screen monitors into account (essentially fullscreen issues). Yet, the maximise feature was forgotten in this endeavour. As you describe it, it seems to default on the first monitor available when it should first test the current monitor and re-use it for displaying the maximised window.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”