My experience with nightly build v2

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
degarb
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

My experience with nightly build v2

Postby degarb » 30 Jan 2012 14:36

Last night, I downloaded the nightly build to see if it didn't crash with pasting youtube links, like 1.1

It got farther with youtube links. I didn't have to fix the unicode youtube.lua It would play about 4 seconds of video, then freeze up, with some sound continuing. In short, 2.nightly vlc froze up, rather than crashing immediately, like 1.1.

Above, is a very minor complaint (hulu video would be far more useful and interesting than youtube).

My BIG COMPLAINT was that on the single core 1.6 atom notebook, the h.264 mp4 videos on my hard drive (and network shares) were noticeably jerky when playing on the nightly 2.0 build. Not adobe flash slideshow of a year ago, but consistently choppy. It was like going back to a 300 mhz with 128 meg of ram and doing video. I downgraded to 1.1, and back to smooth video. I hope this is something they address before releasing final 2. I will need to stick to 1.1, and probably (to be nice to both my cores) long into dual core days, if I ever decide to go there.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: My experience with nightly build v2

Postby VLC_help » 30 Jan 2012 18:17

Many people have complained about H.264 decoding performance, so it is most likely a bug.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”