Interface bug with Rotate Filter

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Tueksta
New Cone
New Cone

Interface bug with Rotate Filter

Postby Tueksta » 05 Jan 2012 01:29

Hi,

I'm using VLC to watch mobile device videos, and most of them are in a wrong rotation. That's when I learned about "Tools - Effects and Filters - Video Effects - Basic - Transform". The Filter works just fine, but there is a problem with the interface. When the filter is not active, the dropdown box for angle is disabled. When I activate the filter, the currently playing video is instantly rotated by the preselected 90°. When I chose another angle from the dropdown in the next step, the new rotation won't come to effect until I stop the video and play it again. From a usability viewpoint I would expect one of the following to interface behaviours:

1) The dropdown is greyed out when inactive, when active all selections in the dropdown will come to effect immediately on the playing video.

2) The dropdown is never greyed out, so I can select the angle before activating the filter.

I'm using VLC 1.1.11 The Luggage on Windows XP (SP3+most updates), playing iPod Touch Videos. It appeared in older versions, too.

Thanks

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Interface bug with Rotate Filter

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 05 Jan 2012 01:57

fixed in 1.2
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Tueksta
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Interface bug with Rotate Filter

Postby Tueksta » 05 Jan 2012 11:24

cool, thx

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”